[FM08]Albert Foundry, the Northern Irish adventure. Damn you Linfield!!

mista T

Due to leaving this save for quite a long time before returning, reports up to my current season will be incredibly vague, mostly just the results I had.

2008/2009 Albert Foundry Northern Irish second division

Position: 1st

Won promotion in this season. It was about 8 months ago so my memory is too foggy to remember it at all. Had a few good players and a few bad ones, but came first in my first season.

2009/2010 Albert Foundry Northern Irish first division

position:1st

Happened upon the greatest player in the clubs history, Adam Rowley. To this day, he still has in excess of a goal a game for the club, and doesn't look like letting up any time soon. He was key to my promotion winning side of this date. Won the league.

2010/2011 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

Position:3rd

Had a very good season, finishing in third place behind, you guessed it, Glentoran and Linfield. Their dominance in my game is unbelievably hard to break. I can remember this being a good season, and only a few bad games prevented me from winning it outright, I also managed to win the league cup, how prestigous :rolleyes:

2011/2012 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

position: 5th

this is probably my haziest season. A very average one to say the least, retained the League cup but came a dissapointing 5th in the league.

2012/2013 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

Position: 4th

An improvement on the previous year, I came 4th in this season and had a couple of really good games. No silverware.

2013/2014 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

Position: 2nd

One of my favourite seasons, Adam Rowley scored an amazing 48 goals in 30 appearances, blitzing the northern irish record. Finished runners up, alas and won no competitions of note.

2014/2015 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

Position:9th

A terrible season, one I put behind me and wished never to happen again. Totally fazed out with Rowley injured for the whole season with a broken leg. Nothing good to remember this season by.

From this point on, the reports become far more detailed.

2015/2016 Albert Foundry Northern Irish Premier League

position: CHAMPIONS!

I finished this season about 10 minutes ago. Rowley was on fire, and I got him a free-scoring partner called Andy Etherington. Together, they blitzed the league, scoring freely past many of the better sides in the league. Some terrible losses (4-0 to Glentoran and Linfield) made me think I was out of this one, but unfortunately for everyone else I was not. Some very good signings helped me rebuild after a staggering amount of players Bosman'd on me, but Key man Rowley stayed. Another key player, Mikkel Schultz did something rather spectacular, and commanded a northern irish transfer fee record of one million pounds to Linfield. Not that it bothered me, because he was replaced later with Nigerian Centre mid Okechukwu Ogbodo who was a free. Schultz earned us a tidy profit, bumping up my transfer budget to sign some key siginings and give ourselves a burgeoning squad to take on next season with. I need a new keeper by the looks of things as Nicky Weaver has had some really bad games this season, and pushing 37 is no longer really a viable option.

Past this date, screenshots will be added to the seasonal update. They weren't up to this point because 1:I didn't have any pre-2016 and 2: the ones I did have for 2016 have vanished. Hope this is ok with everyone

I'm starting to despair at the moment, Linfield just feel like cheaters in this league. With proffesional status, they can attract the likes of Andy Johnson to the club, and I can't even get the regens who would rather retire on frees. Need proffesionalism quickly, or runners up every year will become an increasing threat.

If I didn't know better I'd swear the fixture list is trying to send me down the table. I've just played 2 games away, I've got 1 more away game then a home game, then as far as I can see 2 more away games. So in a period of 6 games, 5 away and 1 at home!

So far I'm on a rather good winning streak, but proffesionals Linfield have won 14 and drawn 1..out of 15 games... theres no chance of me winning the league again until I hit proffesionalism and can attract a higher standard of players. They are blitzing it at the top.

Albert Foundry 2016/2017 Northern Irish Premier Division

Position: 3rd

Antrim cup: 1st round

All-Ireland cup: 4th in Group A

Champions league 1st qualifying round: lost 13-5 on Agg to Basel

Northern Irish League Cup: quarter Final

Northern Irish cup: Quarter final

All in all, this season I got cheated. And I did get cheated, 100% certain about that. Two reasons.

1) Linfield turned Proffesional. They won 29 league games and drew 1. Realism at it's finest, they turn pro and then blitz absolutely everyone.

2)Adam Rowley out for the season he tore his hamstring or something like that, put him out for the ENTIRE rest of the season. No clear goalscoring machine like him and we lacked up front. Finished 1 point off of Glentoran.

Until I turn proffesional and can attract the players who have been released from their clubs, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to defeat Linfield. Andy Johnson could do me a favour and feck off, I suppose.

In terms of turning Pro, in my East Belfast game I've been more or less Linfield's standard for a couple of years, with over £1 million in the bank, yet we haven't turned Pro. No idea what the requirements are in Northern Ireland. Maybe you need to get to the UEFA Cup 1st round or CL Group Stage.

One thing I will say is that the AIC seems to help finances a lot. I got closer to Linfield because the financial bonuses of that, combined with low wages, allowed me to improve youth and training. I got through some pretty good youngsters (as in, good enough for the first team at 16) and the better training allowed me to attract some of Glentoran and Linfield's backup players. With the right tactic that seems to be all you need.

Touchline bans ftmassivelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. They barely ever happen in real life, yet every passing comment you make to stick up for your players results in one on 08. Fecking hell, Arsene Wenger would have to leave Pat Rice in charge if this is the case, how many on-pitch bustups has he had? Martin Jol vs. Spurs and the West Ham ones a couple of years ago come to mind, and was he banned? NO, SORT IT OUT SI!

Just had another player bought for near 1 Million, my important fullback David Leary moved to Watford for about 970k, a large proportion of which is coming over the next two years. I need a new fullback, and Glentoran's Darren Fitzpatrick may be the answer to my problem.

Brilliant news, Linfield have Lost a game against Portadown, meaning we are on even points with the same amount of games. I have a far superior goal difference, meaning 4 wins will practically give me the title. Who said Pros won everything? :cool:

This is it. One game to go, and I sit atop the league on goal difference. A win guarentees us a Premier league title past Linfield, despite them losing only 2 games all season, so have we. Our records read: played: 29 won: 25 drawn: 2 lost: 2. So this is the most important result to have played out on this save in a long time. Hopefully, we can grab a win away at Portadown.

Albert Foundry 2017/2018 Northern Irish Premier Division

position: 1st

As it turned out, I beat Portadown 2-1 in my final game, taking the title on goal difference of 7 more than Linfield's. I feel if we can keep consistently beating them to the title each year, eventually the gap will widen enough for me to be confident of a win each season.

Former star player Adam Rowley was plauged with injury this season, managing just 17 league games. His scoring rate went down as well, as he only grabbed himself 13 goals. Andy Etherington however had a brilliant season, scoring 27 League goals in just 26 games.

All Ireland cup: 3rd in group B

Northern Irish cup: semi final

Antrim cup: Quarter Final

League cup: Quarter Final

Euro Vase: Second Round

Here is a picture of the league table, and how it was a truly 2 horse race between me and Linfield: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8468/titlewinalbertfoundry.jpg

A narrow defeat away to a Serbian team has given me hopes of winning the home return 1-0 or 2-1 and progressing to the third qualifying round. Hell, I've got this far, who's to say I can't make the group and turn pro? :D Although the odds of that happening are slim, me having to play Fenerbahce if I do go through and what not :D

Actually, it says the club is now worth 7.25M. Does anyone know when you turn pro after you reach the required sum?

£3mil from reaching the Champions League group stage will go a long way to helping towards it.

Your side will turn pro after the update between seasons after you achieve a balance of £5mil. Hopefully that makes sense! :D

Yeah, my new status as proffesionals was granted at the start of the new season.

I have been enjoying my new pull, able to sign some foreign players running out on their contracts as well as scouting trips all around Europe. Hopefully I will build a title-winning side of the power of Nep's :D

Update will come as a double for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.

Archived