ahhhhhh worst case scenario!!!!

after a terrific season with arsenal i was approaching the end of the season. chelsea needed to win all their games to catch me and if i got one more point i would win the league. i was also in the fa cup final and had just reached the champions league final. in both these competitions i have to play chelsea in the final (who i dont have a very good record against)

so i was playing Man utd for the chance to win the league at old trafford. in the first minute i take the lead but after about half an hour they equalise. the game is pretty close for the next 50 odd minutes with both teams having chances. but in the 78th minute my goalie injures himself while the ball is up the other end of the pitch icon_eek.gif

he has been great all season and is amazing. he has kept me in the match and my physios have just told me he will be out for 4 weeks with a fractured arm so will miss the fa cup and champions league final!

my question is which sub goalie do i use. i have three league matches left to get them back to fitness. i still have experienced jens lehman who knows what he is doing. and i also have a young brazilian goalie that i signed in january, hes 19 but doesnt speak english yet. he has good attributes though so it makes it a hard choice.

i will try to post screen shots of the two players, but i have tried that before and failed miserably.

after a terrific season with arsenal i was approaching the end of the season. chelsea needed to win all their games to catch me and if i got one more point i would win the league. i was also in the fa cup final and had just reached the champions league final. in both these competitions i have to play chelsea in the final (who i dont have a very good record against)

so i was playing Man utd for the chance to win the league at old trafford. in the first minute i take the lead but after about half an hour they equalise. the game is pretty close for the next 50 odd minutes with both teams having chances. but in the 78th minute my goalie injures himself while the ball is up the other end of the pitch icon_eek.gif

he has been great all season and is amazing. he has kept me in the match and my physios have just told me he will be out for 4 weeks with a fractured arm so will miss the fa cup and champions league final!

my question is which sub goalie do i use. i have three league matches left to get them back to fitness. i still have experienced jens lehman who knows what he is doing. and i also have a young brazilian goalie that i signed in january, hes 19 but doesnt speak english yet. he has good attributes though so it makes it a hard choice.

i will try to post screen shots of the two players, but i have tried that before and failed miserably.

I regularly use young goalkeepers, but it isn't necessarily sensible! At Bremen this season I had issues with my club-trained quota for the Champions League so I only selected two goalkeepers, my first choice Tim Weise who played every game in every competition last season and a 19 year old Dutch 'keeper who looks decent, but is very much a backup. Then a day after squad list submission Weise gets injured and will be out for 4 months.

I probably still have some useless kid (goalkeeper) who I am allowed to put on the bench if I choose since you can use unregistered U21 players, but it wasn't quite what I had hoped for for the Champions League!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the blue ferret:

I'm more interested in how you keeper broke his arm when play was at the other end of the pitch. Play who ever you want, its only a few games, or see who your assistant recommends </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i want to know this too, a similar thing happened to Hleb in another game but his injury wasnt as serious. afer i had scored they took kick off and Hleb wen to chase the ball. just after he crossed the half way line and was about 10-15 yards away from the player he stopped and the little green cross appeared.

my original goalie is quite young too (maybe 22) but i have been playing him since the first season so he has good experience

many people who start arsenal games seem to neglect lehmann. in my first season, i rotated lehmann and almunia, half a season each. i'm doing that now with stekelenburg and ben foster. that way, you can see who's playing better and maintain the happiness of the other keeper, so when you get such a scenario, the backup is more than ready.

in this case, you need a mentally sound keeper, joao carlos simply isn't.

i had 3 premiership games remaining so i had time to get them back to fitness. i got all my coaches and my assisstant to pick the line up and most of them went with carlos. so i played carlos for the last 3 games for a bit of preparation.

a few days before the fa cup final i get a message saying carlos and my best left back have been called up to the brazil U23's squad for the north america gold cup.

so i had to play lehmann for both games.

fa cup final: pretty even first half. both teams have a few chances. just after half time fabregas scores to take me into the lead. the rest of the second half goes much like the first. but in the 84th minute. drogba equalised. was quite gutted but i felt we could still go on and win it. extra time was quite tight with neither team having great chances. but in the 122nd minute, after i had resigned myself to penalties, walcott, of all people, scores a header to win me the fa cup!!! goal!!!

champions league final: after my emphatic late winner in the fa cup final my team are geared up for this match. the match starts like the fa cup match did, with both teams having chances. but slightly against the run of play chelsea take the lead through drogba in the 34th minute. then kaka hits me 3minutes later to take them 2-0 up. getting a bit worried i decided not to change anything and hope to get to half time without conceding again. at half time i tell my players what i think of their performance without holding back. it seems to work as straight after half time higuain scores to pull one back for me. then henry scores a free-kick 10mins later to level the scores. after that we continued to pound their defence but picked up three injuries in the process. we get to the end of 90 mins and its still 2-2. i feel we have the momentum to go on and win now. however a pretty even extra time passes quickly. untill 121st minute higuain scores again to win me the champions league. goal!!!!

so in conclusion it didnt really matter.

Archived