Expectations bug?

Hi,

I took over Catanzaro in January. The club was in relegation zone. Since I took over, I nearly got them near promotion (season still going on).

Yet, despite this the players are dissatisfied because the club is "not reaching potential". Isn't this a bug. I mean they must revise expectations according to when a new manager took over not beginning of season expectations.

Also, shouldn't the board revise expectations in January after 1st round of league is over?

Yes, I do think that that's a bug; the board do not currently revise their expectations of club or manager during a season .. surely when hired with the club in the relegation zone, your assignment would have been something like "Escape relegation and ensure a strong position for next season", or "Get us safely mid-table and strengthen the squad for next season" instead of inheriting the start-of-season-expectations (and possibly even the over-ambitious target selection of the previous manager).

Its been like that for a while, though - and the good news is, if you survive through the end of the season your job security should reset for next season without negatively impacting you.

Its been like that for a while, though - and the good news is, if you survive through the end of the season your job security should reset for next season without negatively impacting you.

Which is thus just one bug levelled out by another flaw in the game :(

The players thing isn't a bug, they can be disappointed, doesn't mean they blame you. As for the board expectations, i've never had a problem with it, I took over Barca with 12 games left and was told that they wouldn't judge me on the league eprformance because I hadn't been in charge all season.

Archived