Does FM's complexity confuse you?

There's so many reason's why you may be underachieving with a team. For example when it's all going wrong (which is the majority of the time for me) you just can't put your finger on the problem.

Possible causes?

1. Morale

2. Training scheduals

3. Poor staff e.g. rubbish coaches

4. Poor players generally

5. Tactics e.g. change tactics every game or keep?

6. Buying too many players that could unsettle team

7. Buying players that cant speak language.

8. Playing players that are too young/old.

9. Not buying enough players

10. Selecting wrong team talks

11. Wrong pre-match interviews

12. Wrong manager interaction comments

13. Not using/ using too often manager comments

14. Not using/ using too often player interaction comments

15. Not letting players leave.

I could make a list of 1000 things that might be the reason why your losing, but how do you ever know what your doing wrong. Doesn't it all just give you a headache!

Chippy do you follow football?

yes and im an actual coach, im doing a UEFA C certificate. I'm just saying that it's impossible to tell what the exact reason is on FM when things are going wrong thats all.

Funnily enough, but I would have thought that if you are involved in real-world coaching, you should find a game such as FM infinately less complicated.

I can't even imagine the number of things that would be required of me to coach at the top level of the game in real life, but taking Reading to Champions League glory is something that I can achieve in my spare time.

So, to answer your question; no, I don't find FM too complicated.

Funnily enough, but I would have thought that if you are involved in real-world coaching, you should find a game such as FM infinately less complicated.

I can't even imagine the number of things that would be required of me to coach at the top level of the game in real life, but taking Reading to Champions League glory is something that I can achieve in my spare time.

So, to answer your question; no, I don't find FM too complicated.

being a coach and being a manager is a completly different thing. There is no coaching actually on the game. you can't really put coaching into the game, it would take too much time. all you can do it move a few sliders and tell them what briefly to work on. so in answer to your question, being a coach doesn't really help you on this game. I suppose it only helps you tactically and in man management aspects of the game.

To be brutally honest. I think a lot of the 'complexity' is just a myth. I'm playing as Ilkeston in the BSN using the general training schedule, my own tactic that took about 5 minutes to create, and giving my assistant team talks; I am top of the league.

The game isn't as difficult as people make out, just apply your own football nouse. I am using a global passing system which people have claimed doesn't work (then suggesting mapping each players' passing individually) and it works like a charm.

FM, just like real football, can be confusing, but it isn't frustratingly confusing and imo has nothing to do with complexity. A real manager would struggle to be definate in their assessment of the problems at a club and it would be guess work most of the time, so having a little box that says "Unh" in it beside a player actually makes it less complex and easier.

To be brutally honest. I think a lot of the 'complexity' is just a myth. I'm playing as Ilkeston in the BSN using the general training schedule, my own tactic that took about 5 minutes to create, and giving my assistant team talks; I am top of the league.

The game isn't as difficult as people make out, just apply your own football nouse. I am using a global passing system which people have claimed doesn't work (then suggesting mapping each players' passing individually) and it works like a charm.

I agree with this fellow. Complexity is hyped up in the game. If you have a tactic that is simply common sense, stick to it, and don't do anything stupid in the media, you'll have relative success.

Archived