16 v's 20 stat

just a quick question, if 2 players in the same possition have similer hidden stats and personalities even, and one had alot of stats around 16 and one had stats around 20's would the extra 4 make him a super god compared to the guy with 16's?

really depends on the stats for the particular position as some are much more valuable than others.

though 20 in a key stat is usually rare.

ie i think the game only starts with 2 strikers that have 20 for finishing, trezeguet is one, not sure of the other.

just a quick question' date=' if 2 players in the same possition have similer hidden stats and personalities even, and one had alot of stats around 16 and one had stats around 20's would the extra 4 make him a super god compared to the guy with 16's?[/quote']

I think it's fair to say that the player with 20's (all other hidden attributes being equal) would theoretically be better, but only somewhat better.

My theory is that player attributes are representative of a ratio, so if, for example, one striker is 20 at finishing, while the other is 16, then the former would be about 25% better at "finishing" than the latter. This, however, does not take into account things like anticipation, decisions, technique, long shots, composure, age (pre-, within, or post-peak, as far as age goes), etc., but merely rates their ability to find the back of the net.

The related (key) attributes would then, in my mind, act as modifiers. For example, let's say, taking the same two strikers in the previous example, and giving them both an age within the peak striker age (~26-31) "Striker 20" had 16 for technique, composure, and decisions, but "Striker 16" had 20 for technique, composure, and decisions.

Which player would you prefer?

For me, "Striker 16" would be preferred, as they are both excellent pure finishers of the ball, however, "Striker 16" has superior "modifiers," or complementing attributes, that would then elevate their "striking" ability above that of "Striker 20"

This is all just my opinion and purely speculative. Hope it helps! :)

Agreed with cemthetriton.... The biggest 2 things I look for in a striker is Finishing and Composure. If both are high then generally they are atleast good finishers. That way if u create chances for them, they will score. If the team isnt so good then I look at work rate and determination etc.

Archived