Foiled by bogus international call ups!

Coming to the end of the 2017/18 season with Zaragoza I had managed to get myself into a winning position (would have been second league title). Real Madrid and Barca both level on points with me, but I simply required a win over rock bottom Levante in order to wrap up the title.

I'm also England manager, just before the game I confirmed my WC 2018 squad. International selection news came round, 18 of my players were to be involved.

On reaching the team selection screen for the glorious season finale I was absoluetely mortified to discover that all 18 were unavailable due to international committments! I had to play an entire B/Youth Team and lost 2.1 - surrendering the title.

I was absolutely livid!!:mad:

It's happened to a few people, myself included, I had to play Newcastle though and had just enough players left (veterans who are dropped by their national sides, and youngsters not yet in the squad) to build a side capable of beating them. Sometimes you will be unlucky and not have a big enough squad, and the game doesn't re-arrange the fixture for you which can be very problematic.

i had this happen to me, had to play a 16 year old centre back and an average age of probably 18 in my side, still won though but as santy said this has happened to loads of people. it has only happened once to me and that was at the end of the 2016/2017 season

Happens to me every season. I'm making sure it doesn't have a big impact on me this season though because i'm adding an extra 4-5 fringe players to my squad. Hopefully i'll have the title wrapped up by then anyway.

I'm going to attempt that next time too, though the Spanish 25 man squad limit means they'll have to be good youth players (someof those had been called up to which was a pig).

Most irritatingly, straight after the game, they were all available for selection again! I couldn't work it out and am guessing it's just a bug.

A nice consolation was that I won the offending World Cup (2018) as England. No idea how because the squad's abysmal compared to most. I met Scotland in the final! An ageing Wayne Rooney managed to break Bobby Charlton's goalscoring record during the tournament too:thup:

it has happened to me once in every season since 2016/17. (2021/22)

it is rather frustrating =), especially when the team you're tied with at the top of the title, doesnt have any fixture that day. But it is a known bug. Won't be sorted, we'll have to wait for fm10 (i presume)

It was the Semi-Final too !! I can't believe that this wasn't picked up, of course there may be competitions that don't allow for re-scheduling. If so that should be in the Competition rules.

And exactly the same thing the following season 11 players out.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to attempt that next time too, though the Spanish 25 man squad limit means they'll have to be good youth players (someof those had been called up to which was a pig).

Most irritatingly, straight after the game, they were all available for selection again! I couldn't work it out and am guessing it's just a bug.

A nice consolation was that I won the offending World Cup (2018) as England. No idea how because the squad's abysmal compared to most. I met Scotland in the final! An ageing Wayne Rooney managed to break Bobby Charlton's goalscoring record during the tournament too:thup:

lol i'm in 2013 and he's just broken it with 3 hattricks in 4 games. I'm also england manager.

Archived