Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

In the light of their performances in Euro 2008, I wonder if SI should tweak up Russian players' CAs by 10% - aside from the 'keeper, I'd say none of the Russian team is rated as well in the game as they're playing right now.

It could just be Thomas Brolin syndrome though icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

In the light of their performances in Euro 2008, I wonder if SI should tweak up Russian players' CAs by 10% - aside from the 'keeper, I'd say none of the Russian team is rated as well in the game as they're playing right now.

It could just be Thomas Brolin syndrome though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the Hiddink syndrome. God, just imagine what he could have done with England if he's been appointed rather than McClown!

Not much considering how crap English players are. I mean, look how crap France were at the Euros. Then remember how they completely dominated England and looked world class a couple of months ago. England in Euro 2008 would have been embarrasing, regardless of who was managing them.

Originally posted by wisescummer:

Not much considering how crap English players are. I mean, look how crap France were at the Euros. Then remember how they completely dominated England and looked world class a couple of months ago. England in Euro 2008 would have been embarrasing, regardless of who was managing them.

The problem is that the tempo of international games is much slower and tends to reward technical players or team that are good from set pieces. Neither of these are really England's strongpoints.

I'm mystified at how uncohesive spain have been in most majour tournaments until this one, as they theoretically are well suited to the style (guess they could be a bit taller in general, though).

Guest arrogantio
Originally posted by wisescummer:

I also remember Much Maligned McClaren's England team beating Hiddink's Russia with consummate ease at Wembley just months ago, and a little further back, Spain's slick world beaters losing to *snigger* Northern Ireland...

England in Euro 2008 would most probably have gone out in the quarters or semis after a penalty shootout, regardless of who was managing them.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisescummer:

The problem is that the tempo of international games is much slower and tends to reward technical players or team that are good from set pieces. Neither of these are really England's strongpoints.

I'm mystified at how uncohesive spain have been in most majour tournaments until this one, as they theoretically are well suited to the style (guess they could be a bit taller in general, though). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

russia play high tempo football and it seems to be working for them, semis of the euros and uefa cup winners

Archived