Genie Scout

For me, it's something that is tempting but obliterates your interest in the game - as it's essentially cheating.

Instead of using in-game scout reports or your own nous to judge a talent, you're using a robotic scouting genius to never get things wrong.

If you're intending to run a game that captures your imagination and allows you to have honest pride in your achievements, I wouldn't suggest using Genie Scout. I'd personally only use it on a game you're not that bothered about.

I am considering starting to use Genie Scout... I haven't used it for the last three FMs, but I am wondering whether it will benefit or destroy my game. Any help?

It's cheating but I suppose some people find it fun because you can use it as a super scout and can find all the best talent in the world and buy them when they're young.

For me, it's something that is tempting but obliterates your interest in the game - as it's essentially cheating.

Instead of using in-game scout reports or your own nous to judge a talent, you're using a robotic scouting genius to never get things wrong.

If you're intending to run a game that captures your imagination and allows you to have honest pride in your achievements, I wouldn't suggest using Genie Scout. I'd personally only use it on a game you're not that bothered about.

Thanks, the problem is that if I first use it, I'll remember all the CA and PA ratings and thus it'll affect all the following games :S

i downloaded it... i clicked on it... i heavily slapped myself and deleted it!

i couldn't actually bring myself to use it, it was like a fight of FM morales in my head, aha if you love FM mate, you wont use it :D

Totally agree,

Don't use it on a big save maybe one that you'd like to mess about with.

I'll admit. I use it. Not for scouting so much though because when you're a top club, you already know who the top players are, and when you're a lower-level club, you end up chasing all these people that won't actually come to your club or you just get overloaded with options. I definitely never let it override my gut when it comes to choosing targets because, as has been mentioned, its just a rating system and it has flaws to it.

Mostly I use it to track player improvement, figure out who to tutor with (its easier for me than comparing in game, and I can do that while the game is running), and see hidden attributes. I hate signing whiny players.

I used it on my Man City save simply because I had done everything and I wanted the absolute best regens I could get my hands on. I'm not viewing it as cheating, because often I'll scout the player in the game before checking their CA/PA on the scout. I just found that I was getting bored of regens that couldn't break into my first team.

Is there any way I could use Genie scout to find out players Free Role rating but nothing else?

I've always thought that as Free Role is essentially a positional rating it should be shown to the user in the same way that other positions are. I use the editor to check this out for any players I'm thinking of giving a free role but it's problematic because a) it's hard not to physically see other information (which I don't want to do), and b) some players are given a random setting so I don't know what their in-game rating is.

Is there any way I could use Genie scout to find out players Free Role rating but nothing else?

I've always thought that as Free Role is essentially a positional rating it should be shown to the user in the same way that other positions are. I use the editor to check this out for any players I'm thinking of giving a free role but it's problematic because a) it's hard not to physically see other information (which I don't want to do), and b) some players are given a random setting so I don't know what their in-game rating is.

Yes. In Genie's Options you can choose which columns to display. Choose just name and 'Free Role' and that is all that will be listed.

Thanks, the problem is that if I first use it, I'll remember all the CA and PA ratings and thus it'll affect all the following games :S

CA ratings don't affect games. PA ratings? Do you know which players turn out good? Knowing a number won't affect that.

Archived