Mad Co-Ownership deals.

Does anyone else notice that often Italian clubs will shell out lots of money to co-own a player, e.g Fiorentina bought Criscito off Genoa for 7.5 million, only to sell their share no less than 7 days later for 5 million to Juventus...

This regularly happens to Hamsik for example who the AI constantly buy and then sell making huge losses in a short amount of time. Surely this is highly unrealistic...? There also seems to be so many players who I see are sold whilst if I bid that amount of money I'd have to pay double...

should had been fixed but SI decided that they don't give a dam

It's only an issue in the newest patch, and a minor and rare one at that.

They're now working on FM10, and I'm sure there'd be far more complaints if that was more buggy because they spent extra time perfecting every minor issue in the latest release.

:rolleyes:

Isn't there another one regarding co-ownerships where you can make massive profit buying half cheap and selling it at extortionate prices later?

I think this is one that rarely works, and much like the 'corner exploit' is only one that can be caused by the user, rather than being exploited by the AI.

for me that bug makes playing Italian leagues impossible . its just plain ridiculous , if they wanted to fix it and other "small" issues they could have released a small hotfix.

And what they did? nothing they know about the bug and still released the patch , and if they didn't knew that means that they don't test patches the way they have to be tested

for me that bug makes playing Italian leagues impossible . its just plain ridiculous , if they wanted to fix it and other "small" issues they could have released a small hotfix.

And what they did? nothing they know about the bug and still released the patch , and if they didn't knew that means that they don't test patches the way they have to be tested

The bug was not noticed in any of the earlier builds of the patch, and seems to have snuck in at the last minute.

It is not 'impossible' or 'ridiculous' and claims that it is basically unplayable are hyperbolic nonsense to try and make a mountain out of a molehill. If you think it is though, simply don't play it. I'm sure very few have gone that way.

They could spend the next 10 years making little fixes and further patching FM09 but would you really want that? The time it'd take to fix, then create a patch (and package and host it and so on) would be a considerable amount of time, and all time that would mean less time spent on the new game.

Yeah this is an annoying bug for long term games in Italy. Iv seen Hamsik regularly sold on co-ownership deals for £15m then bought back by Napoli for £30m+. Seen it happen with Lavezzi too. Morimoto regularly gets co-owned every season, then bought back by Catania at the end of the season for more than they sold him for.

How about simplifying the co-ownership system...

All co-ownership deals are for 2 years. During the 2 years the 'buying' club can purchase the remaining 50% of the player anytime for 1.5 times more than they paid to co-own him. If at the end of the 2 years the 'buying' club has not made an offer, then the 'selling' club (who currently has the player) automatically takes full ownership of the player again, by paying whatever amount the 'buying' club paid to co-own him.

If a 3rd club wants to buy the player, they must offer each club 1.5 times what their 50% stakes are worth.

The bug was not noticed in any of the earlier builds of the patch, and seems to have snuck in at the last minute.

Rather hilariously, the whole point of code lock-down is to not introduce new things... Wonder if SI actually followed that rule.

It is not 'impossible' or 'ridiculous' and claims that it is basically unplayable are hyperbolic nonsense to try and make a mountain out of a molehill. If you think it is though, simply don't play it. I'm sure very few have gone that way.

It can make things unplayable if the likes of Inter waste all their transfer cash losing large amounts of money through co-ownership deals. It hurts things in the long-term.

They could spend the next 10 years making little fixes and further patching FM09 but would you really want that? The time it'd take to fix, then create a patch (and package and host it and so on) would be a considerable amount of time, and all time that would mean less time spent on the new game.

I dunno, considering every iteration of Football Manager seems to come out with new silly bugs and some never get fixed (corner exploit).

Sometimes I wonder if SI would have been better off with something like a near bug-free 7.0.5 rather than releasing new games every year. The latter obviously makes a lot more money, but games like Warcraft III do really well without releasing new versions every year. Warcraft III has been patched around 30 times now, and is still a wonderful game to play.

Archived