For all you united fans out there...!

Who says FM isn't realistic? Just like in real life united always have to do things the hard way...! Couldn't think of a better and more currently appropriate side to do it too either!! I'll get ready for the inevitable revenge the AI will wreak upon me the next time i go to the emirates/stamford bridge >sigh< ;)

stupidmatch.jpg

Torres has been my ulimate 'must have' striker on FM for as long as i can remember (apart from adriano on the earlier versions but he'd never leave!!). I waited for three years for united to get him, each year with the promise it would happen the next and then it was like my girlfriend had cheated on me, my house had burnt down and i'd been run over all in the same day when he went and signed 'elsewhere'... :(

Maybe that's why i can't bring myself to play 08/09? :)

Tactical lowdown for the interested: As for the result, on a mammoth charge after finally getting my tactics working when the ref (grrr, mike riley, mutter mutter) goes mental with his red card of doom. I switched to my 'shut up shop/anti 4-2-4' formation after the second red and scraped through to about 70 minutes playing a 4-1-2-1 leaking just t he one goal. Would've been happy with that but noticed my fc (Fred) was getting tired so brought Torres on and upped his rwb to full just on the off chance of a long throw. My young lm (playing as an mc) then got the boot too, so moved torres back to cm with a farrow to cf and then couldn't believe it when he equalised, let alone when he scored the winner...

Invoked the same sort of feelings as solskjaer did scoring his two late goals against pool in the FA cup a few years ago - did jamesy with the eyes if i remember correctly!! ;)

Sadly as it turns out it wasn't, but did me some favours with the board/fans. Was heading towards the sack till a little tactical nouse from t'other forum this morning has sent me on a 15 game winning streak that just culminated with the CL!! Nice. :)

So so sweet to do that to city though...!

Archived