Give me the job damnit!

Ok guys I don't know if it is a bug or just bad management from the Werder Bremen chairman?

I started my new game at Independiente in Argentina.

In my first season I won the Copa Sudamericana the clausura and with this the overall Championship.

In my second season I won the Copa Libertadores and the clausura.

My season ended on 28-07-2010, a week earlier Germany appointed Thomas Schaaf as the new Germany manager. I was one of the canditates to take over Werder Bremen, so I said that I was extremely interested in the job. A week later I win the Copa Libertadores and apply for the Werder Bremen job.

They recieve my application and they will let me know if i'm gonna be their new manager.

Normally this will take a maximum of two weeks, yes I did this before being a FM fanatic.

But at this point the date is 1-9-2010, Werder Bremen has won the dfb bokal played the first leg of the Uefa cup 4th qual rnd, and three competition games. All without a new manager! When I look at the job center page it says applied behind Werder Bremen. So my question is how long will it take before they make an decision? The Werder management see me as the perfect candidate for the job, and when I apply they wait a long long time to make a decision. Doesn't this smell like a bug???

In real life a club will make a decision BEFORE the new season starts, in FM it will mostly take two weeks! So what is the problem, is it a bug or something else? At this point i'm seriously considering to apply for the Zenit job! I wanna leave Argentina because I won everything that I can, and I have never managed a game in Germany yet. So this could be a new experience for me. So what do you think of this...

This can be a bug-like scenario, where at times a club won't take on a manager, especially if the caretaker manager is achieving great things. I've seen caretaker managers last 6 - 7 months in the job because they do well, so the club don't rush bringing in someone else. Other times though, on rare occassions I have seen clubs be managerless for quite a while without a caretaker manager as well.

Archived