Help game wont load

OK Guys I have done a search and looked through loads of similar threads , and havent seen any solution, I have posted in the Tech support , but as there only one person in there at mo, and I'm deperate for a solution, thought might get seem more in here also :)

When i click on the FM09 shortcut icon , I get the msg, Football Mgr has stopped working, close FM09 and windows will check for A solution,,,which it never does

Now i have the latest patch, I have not done anything different on laptop (using vista),, and I have been playing the game since it came out nearly a year ago,,, so why this happen now all of a sudden ???

I tried deleting the cache file, and the settings file ,,the method that fixes crash dumps,,, but hasnt made a difference..

If there is anyway other than full uninstall , and reinstall? ,,, dont want to lose my game, if can be helped,,besides most people in the other threads seem to say that dosent work anyway..

Please help

yeh was one of the first things I tried, but No Luck,,, also tried doing a disk clean, a defrag, and ran spyware scans, and also a system restore,, nothing has worked

In terms of bugs / issues,, this has to be the worst version ever,, already been ****ed off before with xml errors, dump errors, corrupt saves ,, and as for steam what A load of pish that is,,

This just takes the ****,,,

Looks like a full uninstall will have to be done then,, was really enjoying my present challenge with old firm in England too,, had won the championship first season , FA cup 2nd, and PM Lg,, Both cups and UEFA CUP in third ,, had just signed Aguero and Benzema,,and was looking 4rd to seeing how that worked :mad::mad:

Anyone got any last min save ideas first ???

Dont know quite how I have managed this,,,but I have my game back. I uninstalled the game , following the instructions on the forum how to do a clean uninstall.

At first I had some weird probs where the pc wouldnt let me uninstall all of steam or FM09 ?? However after a few restarts and another restore back a few days ,, I got it all off the PC via the control panel. Did a search and when NO FM or steam folders where finally found I re-installed.

Again more strange happenings when the disc wouldnt load at all,, I even had to check other discs to make sure the drive was OK. I Finally opened and ran the setup manually.

I then updated everything via steam, and set up the fm09.exe Shortcut,,,, Here's the weird thing,,

When I launched the game again,, my previous save game was still there, and worked fine !! I have never ran the game via steam, I have always played it Offline,,so how the hell can the save be still there after a complete re-install ????

The only folder i spared was the one in my docs,,as thats where all my facepacks and the likes are. Even they didnt need re-loaded ???

Not complaining but if anyone can enlighten me then cheers,,

Until the next software glitch ,,back to dominating the English PL :D:D

Archived