How Many managers do you use at once?

I was wondering how many you guys control at once during your save game.

I use two managers at a time, as I typically cannot pull myself away from my beloved Werder Bremen.

I create another fictional character and will use them to hope around the managing world as I see fit. Currently I have started a long term game on 8.0.2 using 'me' as Werder Bremen manager, and a fictional Scot by the name of 'Andrew Johnston' to manage Newcastle.

Do you guys do something similar?

I was wondering how many you guys control at once during your save game.

I use two managers at a time, as I typically cannot pull myself away from my beloved Werder Bremen.

I create another fictional character and will use them to hope around the managing world as I see fit. Currently I have started a long term game on 8.0.2 using 'me' as Werder Bremen manager, and a fictional Scot by the name of 'Andrew Johnston' to manage Newcastle.

Do you guys do something similar?

Two to three generally. One for Forest (or another team,) and one or two National team managers, usually England and a challenging one (ie smaller playing pool)like Australia or Jamaica.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 17 March 2008 05:04 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when i was younger i used to play with 2 managers in different countries but now i don't have enough time to do that so i only play with one now.

I ususally have 2,3 or 4, even more sometimes. Generally I don't start out with that many, but if I see a club I like in a bad position in the league I sometimes add another manager to take up the challenge.

In my current game I have managers at Werder Bremen, Fiorentina and Sampdoria, all in from the start and am having as much fun as I've had in any game.

Back in CM00/01 and 01/02 I used to go wild and have 10+ managers and each savegame would generally only go on for ~2 seasons as that would take pretty much the whole year (with other savegames sometimes going on alongside) until the new CM was out.

I get bored often with just one manager though. There are so many clubs I like and so many players I want to manage and so many varied experiences I want (different tactics/challenges etc), but I never like to have my manager move clubs because I get to attached to a club.

I've always loved LLM, but also when you are managing like that, unless/until you get your side up through the leagues to the Premiership (or foreign equivalent), then you never get to manage the 'big players', which is something I find I miss.

So I used to often go 2 sides, one in the lower leagues so I had the challenge, which was probably my main side as it took more time and thought to be successful. And I would also go one of the top sides in one of the Premiership, Serie A, La Liga etc which, although I cared about, it is invariably far easier and would be there just so I got the experience of managing in the top flight with the best players.

I don't think I have done this on the past 2 games (07 + 08) so far, as I've just been happy with the one side. Tell a lie, my first game on FM07 I was Valencia and Forest, did really well with Valencia, got Forest promoted first season. Then was mid-table/top half the next season, but they were expecting me to win the Championship 1st time and were never truly happy with me, which I always see as a slap in the face. So I resigned before the end of the season and went to Tranmere and got them promoted to League 1 from nowhere, but got a 'satisfied' from the board at end of the season, so resigned again lol.

The only dual game I have come close to since is playing with my girlfriend, as her first ever go at FM was 07, so we kinda co-manage say United or Barca usually on our game, and I go a side of my own a league or 2 down.

I only play with one manager!

I'd get into trouble signing players, because both teams will be chasing the same players (same kind of manager - me!).

Only solution would be to manage at different levels, i.e. Premiership and BSN or something.

But then I would help the lower league team with loaners (if at all possible) or giving them money! I cannot stop myself!

So, no, I only use one manager!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lioncasa:

I only play with one manager!

I'd get into trouble signing players, because both teams will be chasing the same players (same kind of manager - me!).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only occasionally have problems with that. Generally if I'd like the same player at 2 of my teams I just put the same offer in with both and let the player decide between two identical offers.

It got a bit farcical though when it came to the whole co-ownership closed bids thing at the end of the season when Fiorentina and Sampdoria had to submit closed bids for a player they co-owned. I didn't want him at Fiorentina so bid £0 and whilst Sampdoria weren't too fussed about him either they could bid as little as they liked to keep the player.

Co-ownership deals are bizarre though...I got stung at Sampdoria trying to keep hold of my 19 goal 19 year old top scorer who was co-owned by Udinese and valued at ~£5.75 mill. I decided to bid £3.2 million in the closed bid, hoping it would be enough. The day after I was told that my bid trumped Udinese's bid of £0 so I had got the player. Bah, I could have bid £1 icon_rolleyes.gif

the only time i have controlled a second team is when i was both bored and feeling evil. So i copied my save game, loaded up it up and added a new manager of chelsea. They crashed and burned!

Then, I felt a lot better and reloaded the original save and carried on icon_smile.gif Still thumped them to the title as well icon_biggrin.gif

I might start up a fun save which is not for serious play at all, and add Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal, and do my best to screw them up. Would do Leeds but they have done it to themselves.

Maybe I should get out more lol...or maybe I will just not be bothered doing it and carry on with my proper game. Would be fun though lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

I might start up a fun save which is not for serious play at all, and add Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal, and do my best to screw them up. Would do Leeds but they have done it to themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you might really enjoy the "unsackable" option offered for the 2009 wishlist thread? icon_wink.gif

I have always had multiple managers on every fm save. In my current game I manage:

Manager 1 - Manchester United

Manager 2 - A C Milan and Ivory Coast

Manager 3 - England

Manager 4 - Harrow Borough

It takes a long time to play but if I don't do this I would start the game again every 2 or 3 seasons as I would want a different type of game after a while, this fuels all my fm appetite.

Archived