Can't load any saved game...

okay i bought fm2009 yesterday, installed it and installed the latest update, and it played fine for a couple of hours. i did something else and then came back and none of my save games would load (it's on 5 save rolling), the main save and all 4 backups all said 'the save copuld not be loaded' and i've started a new game and saved the game both compressed and uncompressed in different locations and they couldn't be loaded either.

please help.

... I'd suggest you look at your hardware... potentially, if your hard drive hasn't got a problem, your memory could have - I remember I had all kinds of corruption issues when my power supply became damaged (does your computer switch off and on again randomly...?)

(someone move this thread, i didn't see the technical issues forum before)

yeah it hangs and then resets quite alot, would this actually effect the save games?

Yes, it probably would. Corrupted saves are often caused by background interuptions and CPU disruptions, that would include other programs running that could interfere.

I'd suggest you check your power supply, then memory in that order. If you've perhaps upgraded any component in your machine (for instance, graphics card) then your PSU may be under-powered... replace with one that's slightly more than you have if possible (i.e. 400W or 500W).

I had a lot of files destroyed through saving on a bad PSU so yes, it definitely causes corruption.

It could just be a fault that's developed with the PSU; unless you have the right equipment to check (or a local repair shop) then, conjoined with the fact that your machine sporadically reboots, I would simply get a new one.

Archived