Had enough already. (scheduling)

Right now I am playing with the LA Galaxy in MLS. What is really starting to get on my nerves now is that during and especially at the end of the season I am playing in all of these tournaments. What bothers me the most about that is how the games will keep getting pushed back and rescheduled until the last month of the season meaning I will get games back to back to back. For instance, in my current season, in one week, I have 2 games back to back then one day off, then 3 games back to back. Mind you, they are all MLS league games, so they really "count".

Admittedly I do not watch soccer/football, but I have a hard time believing that this is how things really shape up on any league.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a league anywhere in the world where 1 team plays 3 games in 3 days. I think it's a bug, sound like the re-scheduling system is having a dicky. Happens to me in my game as well. I remember once I had a game rescheduled 4 times because of internationals and fixture clashes. I suppose it can't really be helped but it could be done better.

There are big problems with the MLS rescheduling. The games that get moved because of international breaks should not be moved because they are not moved in real life. That alone tends to move 2 or 3 games to the end of the season. Also, the game needs to schedule more games in break periods for teams participating in other tournaments. Red Bull New York has already played the most games this year in anticipation of their CONCACAF Champions League games, a scheduling phenomenon that is not represented in the game. Also the Champions League games are completely mischeduled in the game and too many of them can happen at the end of the MLS season. The other problem is that teams should not qualify for that and the Superliga, which has definitely caused scheduling disasters for me. Finally, the US Open Cup seems to push games around in ways that do not make any sense.

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to write. All of the NACL games will be scheduled during the last month of the season effectively pushing back all of the MLS games to the end of the month, so you will get regular rest intervals of 3-4 days for the first 3-4 games, but then after that the schedule gets hectic with the NACL games and the pushed back MLS games, which at that time of the season are very important.

Archived