Different Job roles in the new FM

Alrite everyone. Dont know if this has been discussed before on these forums but last night i was thinking imagin if in the next FM release you could be the owner of your favourite club, Or say become a scout of a club. I would personally love to be the owner of my favourite club. You could takeover a club at the start of the season, offer say mourinho the chance to join your new regime. Analyse the clubs finance and offer a certain budget to players and wages to your new man. Discuss possible transfers with the manager and then decide if you want to make your move. Discuss plans for the future and intentions. I think this would be a great addition too a new FM game. Think about it you could be the new abramovic but with a better understanding of football, hopefully we wouldnt have any mike ashleys. I suppose the scouting option would have limited options in the game but instead of just being the manager all the time, i thought it would be great to have higher athority in certain parts of the game...

what you think?

no. but a great idea is you being the manager but not having any control over your trasnfers. you'd give a shortlist of the players you would like to the chairman and he will get them or any other player. it would be one hell of a challenge and a lot of fun.

I think the scout idea is kinda cool you could work your way up to manager from scout.

I don't think many manager's started off as scouts, more likely coaches and the like. Although IIRC is it Nigel Adkins of Scunthorpe that used to be a physio?

Football ball manufacturing sweatshop tycoon.

or just Football ball; where you start as a lowly sponge ball in a school playground and end up in the World Cup final. No?

By george I think he's got it?!

But I do think more interaction with the chairman and directors wouldn't go a miss in future fm's

I'd like it if they bought back the feature that the rich chairmen would buy players and force them on you, and tell you what players he wants, as this happens much more in the modern game, Shevchenko, some of those people at Newcastle etc.

Thats as far as I want it to go though, owning the club or being a scouts is a crap idea. Being a scout would be being the same as a manager but with waaaay less features, there's nothing to stop you being a scout now.

But aren't we already scouts when we are on the lookout for talent for our 1st team and we end up buying these players ?

However, I would like the option of being able to be youth coach or reserves coach or Assistant Manager. This would then give you the option of getting the experience before becoming a Manager of a 1st team. And also thus keeping in with the name of the game.

Already now if a mate who is also playing the game gives you a role like Assistant Manager, you are able to accept it. I tested this out by adding a new manager and offering myself a role as manager of England Under 19's, and yes it worked.

Being a youth team manager could be alright, just on the player screen where you can normally make an offer for a player you could have a "recommend to manager" button to get the first team manager to buy the player if they agree.

Being a youth team manager could be alright, just on the player screen where you can normally make an offer for a player you could have a "recommend to manager" button to get the first team manager to buy the player if they agree.

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. I soooo want to start a career, really from scratch. As in, U-18s Co-Assistant Coach > U-18s Manager > Reserves Team Asst. Coach > etc. you see where I'm going. Not that you had to start at the very bottom, but it would be awesome to have the option. I personally love building a career, getting a lowly Northern Irish First Division team into Europe within 5 years, getting one of the Big Two jobs, then moving to the lower regions of Scottish football and etc. That would be class to do, but within one club.

Love the idea that a player who has played a series of good games for your youth squad, could be recommended to the manager of the first team. It would also be interesting to deal with the manager cherry picking your best players to turn out as a sub for the first team, or him sending you players that he expects to get a game for fitness.

So I like this idea, but ONLY if a reasonable system could be worked out, and so people weren't having their players yo-yoed every week in and out of the squad.

Football ball manufacturing sweatshop tycoon.

or just Football ball; where you start as a lowly sponge ball in a school playground and end up in the World Cup final. No?

Funniest thing I've heard in months :thup:

I wouldn't mind playing a game called Chairmen Football or something like that. I like business management games. It'd be nice though if you could actually manage too or if you could see the matches at the very least.

Could make for one hell of a game if they get everything that's going through my head right now.

Being a manager of a youth or reserves would be good as it is a bit fake picking your rep at the start aslong as it was do able and was realistic as you are still a manager.

I think Chairman and other board members or directors of football need a bigger role rather than being there for show as abroad many teams Chairmen buy and sell players as the manager is more of a coach.

Wish people would stop bringing the name of the game up to use as an argument against having other job roles when these threads appear tbh.

It then leads the thread onto become a list of job roles in the game title e.g (football groundsman 2010).

'Tis feckin annoying. It was funny the first time.

Never alot of positive feedback for this idea but I think it could work to some degree. Why not a reserve team manager or under 19's? A coach probably would be too complicated and might require extra options but manging a reserve team could probably be done without any extra features. Assistant manager probably could be aswell though it sounds a bit dull to me (what could you do-contract renewals, designing training regimes, giving opinions on players).

Similarly a scout: all you'd have to do is watch matches and compile a list of players with ratings. Again, perhaps not the most fun use of a managment simulation but would add realism, especially if you perfer playing in the lower leagues or startng unemployed. If your stuck between jobs could be a good way of recovering your repuatation, or building it up by taking a non-managment role a bigger club (eg Dennis Wise). Although I don't see how director of football could work considering no-one knows what they do in real life.

Wish people would stop bringing the name of the game up to use as an argument against having other job roles when these threads appear tbh.

It then leads the thread onto become a list of job roles in the game title e.g (football groundsman 2010).

'Tis feckin annoying. It was funny the first time.

Sorry. :o I think the staleness of replies merits that of the ideas though..

It's true however. It's called Football Manager because it is your job to be a football manager. The vast majority of the suggested other roles either lack substance, while the others would basically be a separate game, and the implementation time and effort simply doesn't isn't meritted by the limited demand and unsubstantial output.

The exception would be reserve/youth managers, but these are still football managers.

Sorry. :o I think the staleness of replies merits that of the ideas though..

It's true though. It's called Football Manager because it is your job to be a football manager. The vast majority of the suggested other roles either lack substance, while the others would basically be a separate game, and the implementation time and effort simply doesn't isn't meritted by the limited demand and unsubstantial output.

The exception would be reserve/youth managers, but these are still football managers.

And I generally agree, although I don't think it is fair that the OP's suggestion is laughed off and the thread gets littered with stupid suggestions to seperate football simulation games.

Honestly, "It's called Football manager" is as bad as "it's your tactics" in my book.

And I generally agree, although I don't think it is fair that the OP's suggestion is laughed off and the thread gets littered with stupid suggestions to seperate football simulation games.

Honestly, "It's called Football manager" is as bad as "it's your tactics" in my book.

True, it may be unfair a tad, but even so you can't really expect anything more than the same old replies to essentially the same old ideas. With every new duplicate post, the dismissals get less and less sympathetic. Whenever there are decent ideas buried amongst the duds they're usually picked up upon however, as in this instance.

I'll refrain from using it in future ;)

to be honest. in the current games, you take on quite a few roles an owner would anyway. you dont choose your budget or wage budget but you put in bids for players, discuss new contracts, control finances, basically expand the stadium etc.

Archived