Question about managing national teams (FM07)

First time managing a national team.

About players: can I influence someone to choose to play for the team I'm coaching instead of his birth country (especially youngsters who play in the country I'm coaching)

About staff: whaddya do with them? is it the same thing as clubs, Can I simply hire high-reputation staffers? or does it tie with your world-ranking?

First time managing a national team.

About players: can I influence someone to choose to play for the team I'm coaching instead of his birth country (especially youngsters who play in the country I'm coaching)

About staff: whaddya do with them? is it the same thing as clubs, Can I simply hire high-reputation staffers? or does it tie with your world-ranking?

I'm not entirely sure about the first question.

But the second one, if it's like FM08, then you should be able to choose your staff. You don't really hire staff, you just offer them a position in your team and they'll decide from there.

So if you can get a high-reputation staff, go for it.

Nevermind the 1st question, thanks anyway

I've got another question (for anyone who played national team)

I can't control who gets in the U21 team, but I can do so for the U19 team? is this common? or is it because the team already has an U21 manager?

The 2nd question: since I don't have the "training" page, what does the coach do?

Archived