Confusion

Hi

I hate being in this situation

I have got 6CM players , I have 2 playmkaer who are both 22 , and are competing for a first team place , so hard to chhose from

So Hard - I feel my squad is to big

2 Goalkeepers

8 Defenders

6 Centre Midfielders

3 Wingers

4 Strikers

I am in every competion so hard to choose

??? Is my sqaud to big

Depends who you are in my opinion.

Someone like Chelski, Milan, Real etc wher you can be challenging for 3 or 4 competitions at the same time, then you want 2 teams as it were to be able to play.

Maybe one of way of doing it, as I quite often do, is either buy versatile players or retrain players to new positions.

For instance, the fullback I have on the bench can play on either flank so can step in for either of my first choice players if they're knackered. Same thing for my wingers.

Similarly my DM I have on the bench can also play CBK to covers that position too.

This way you can have a core 18 players or so that all play regularly with a few quality youngsters in the reserves who can step in in an injury crisis or for cup games against lower teams etc.

Hope that helps!

With the Backup players

Do you just put them to the reserves to keep match fitness ??

Also do you take control of the reserves matches or just use assistant . Do you just click send to reserves ??

Thanks

For me, I know who my 1st XI are.

However my backups are more than capable of replacing them. So if someone's slightly tired I will give them a rest.

In this way, my starting XI rotates between maybe 17 players; a spare CBK, FBK, 2 CM, 2 wingers and a striker.

The others I put into my reserves and let the coach deal with them but I tend to tick the 'use current match tactics' option.

Then when an easy game comes, I may well call them up to the first team and give them a game that way.

So yeah, put them in reserves to keep them match fit. But that's only the guys that don't rotate in.

phew!

I used to think 23 players 2 for each position and 1 utility for the ideal senior squad. You can never keep them happy tho. I'd say the 18 man team described above, with 7 or 8 young players to add to that. I also think that loaning your backup keepers is better, as a permanant one always gets annoyed with no football. 1 of them and a promising young 'keeper with good mental stats should keep you covered.

I always like a big strong target man, a finisher and a speedy forward in my team, and maybe an AM who can play up top and link play like Elano or Arshavin doubles up well as a 4th striker and 1st choice AM. You also only really need 3 CB's and if you can find either flank wingers and full backs then only 3 of these are needed. These are hard to come by with good stats tho, as they suffer from being either footed and having worse stats, just an FM phenominan that.

Originally posted by jimmy011087:

I used to think 23 players 2 for each position and 1 utility for the ideal senior squad. You can never keep them happy tho.

I'd have to disagree with that. I always try to maintain a 23-25 man squad and rarely have any problems keeping them all happy. They key to this is being honest about squad status (and reviewing it regularly) and squad rotation.

Archived