Man marking - a bit of a mess when the opposition change formation

When you get your players to man-mark an opposition player (which I often do, because just choosing the 'man' option seems to result in some weird player choice), it causes all sorts of problems when the opposition change formation or players. In my last game for instance, I had my two MCs marking the opposition MCs, only to find them picking up a winger and a centre-back late in the second half and totally out of position. It often takes so long to change anything that the opposition have had a couple of decent chances.

Wouldn't it be better if the man-mark option were taken off, if you're marking a specific player and he goes off or changes position? Or give us the option to man-mark a certain position (which is then taken off when the opponent changes formation). The same goes, to some extent, to Opposition Instructions, which are a pain when players swap position, subs come on or they change formation.

There really needs to be a bit more thought put in to this, because it's a bit of a chore to set up and maintain marking instructions at the moment. I actually watch full-match, but it must be even more frustrating to those who only watch key highlights.

You've point as there must be some for of 'Inteligience' for the player performing the man marking as it does get removed when the player that your're marking is subbed. Therfore for man making and exenuating cercumstances, then it makes sense for the player to stay in their role, formation role.

There will also be other factors, such as Intelligance stat and other stat related, you'd think it would happen, normally.

Archived