Other PSP games...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For the rest I just use my PSP to test a game i'm programming for it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me more.... I run a bit of homebrew now and again (not piracy)

I bought the psp just for FMH and PES. I'm into my RPG's though (role-playing games) and I've bought Breath Of Fire III (not recommended) but the Brotherhood of The Blade series is good. I own virtua tennis but I couldn't get into it and its collecting dust somewhere.

At the moment, Cave Story (excellent homebrew platform shooter) is all I play.

Before that though, I would mainly be playing the various games on the Mega Drive Collection, EA Replay or Capcom Classics Reloaded.

I'll probably get Logan's Shadow some day, but Dark Mirror was a bit of a disappointment, lacking a bit in the stealth department and never really hitting the heights of Syphon Filter 2.

I need to upgrade my firmware to the newest OE version though, and start trying out PS games on it again. Shame I sold my copy of Civ II back in the day though, that'd be perfect for handheld gaming. The likes of Tempest X3 and Lemmings are well suited too. Just a shame about the lack of the extra two shoulder buttons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

tell me more.... I run a bit of homebrew now and again (not piracy) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah me two, especially as a (wannabe) developer I

know how difficult it is to create a game. So stealing somebody's work is a no go for me.

I dó run a custom firmware (which is legal) so i can enjoy other creative minds' developments icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I need to upgrade my firmware to the newest OE version though, and start trying out PS games on it again. Shame I sold my copy of Civ II back in the day though, that'd be perfect for handheld gaming. The likes of Tempest X3 and Lemmings are well suited too. Just a shame about the lack of the extra two shoulder buttons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah Im legally playing PS1 games on 3.71M33-2, at moment im on Kula World, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Bishi Bashi Special and a PS1 version of Tetris. Let me know if you upgrade and I'll help you out with some legal ps1 games.

I've no problem getting them on, I just have an older firmware version and I hear there are a few improvements to the PS1 emulation in the newer ones. Some of my games don't work at all on the PSP - FIFA RTWC 98 doesn't get past the intro, for example.

Back when the custom firmware first came out I splurged on a bunch of football games for the PS to see what would suit. I'll have to get Viva Football on the machine again, it works really well. And it's great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

World Championship Snooker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's brilliant, isn't it? The fact that you can rotate the machine to line up your shots lifts it above every snooker game I've ever played. I always roll it out when a major tournament's on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Everyone should buy Tekken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd imagine this loses an awful lot through not having readily available local multiplayer without needing another machine.

Maybe that's why you want everyone to buy it?

The psp is a brilliant console but it would be even better if I could downgrade and get all the ps1 games your talking about. I'm an idiot so please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to downgrade to 1.5 from 2.82 and will 1.5 be able to play FMH08? Thanks in advance

your best off googling it mate, I think you'd need a copy of lumines as well to do it. Ideally you need to downgrade to 1.50 then back up to 3.71 m33-2.

its not straight forward so be sure to research properly you try it.

alternativly you could buy a ready modded PSP from ebay, thats how I got into it then taught myself loads about it!

It's pretty good. They didn't make NHL 08 for PSP so it's the only option available. Haven't played it too much yet. The franchise side of it is pretty unrealistic but what do you expect from EA? I took over the Canes, signed some average FA's and then traded Cole & Brindamoor for Ovechkin and Williams & Recchi for Gaborik. Good luck doing that in real life! Especially the first one! Ovechkin/Staal/Gaborik line should be crazy though. Could have swopped Staal for Crosby but felt like keeping Staal. Anyway, play-wise it's pretty fun so far.

If you are an FM fan and a hockey fan, you should buy EHM 07 for PC. It's enormous fun. I'm sitting here at work now, wondering who I'm going to trade to stay under the cap at the end of my 3rd season. I think Gonchar's gonna have to go, which is gonna hurt, but someone's gotta go because Crosby and Malkin are getting older and want better contracts and something's gotta give! Ok back to work... icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feddemaster:

For the rest I just use my PSP to test a game i'm programming for it. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I'll bite - what are you making? ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Ok I'll bite - what are you making? ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite? I'm not trying to hype my game or something icon_razz.gif

It's just a simple game I'm working at, mainly to increase my programming skills. It's just a real simple puzzle game, and far from finished. (Hope it ever will be)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

And rotating the PSP for WSC is clearly cheating, but screw it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, it's not cheating. You can walk around a table in real life, this is the equivalent.

With the added ability of strapping on a jetpack and soaring above it.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feddemaster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Ok I'll bite - what are you making? ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite? I'm not trying to hype my game or something icon_razz.gif

It's just a simple game I'm working at, mainly to increase my programming skills. It's just a real simple puzzle game, and far from finished. (Hope it ever will be) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds cool - if you want a beta tester let me know, I love puzzle games icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list of fans of 'World Snooker Challenge' - grrrreat game although I felt the second edition was actually a little worse in many ways than the first.

I play a number of PSP games, I think it is a fantastic console (I simply cannot ABIDE having some console attached to my telly).

I like Pro Evo; World Snooker; the new Brian Lara game is pretty good; GTA is cool; Test Drive Unlimited is enormously impressive; 'Gangs of London' was unfairly slated, its's great fun to drive madly, shoot wildly and hear authentic swearing in a British setting even if the game could be better. I also have a weakness for retro arcade collections, I love playing Phoenix, Defender and the like on the PSP.

But, I have to admit that FMH tends to remain lodged in the UMD slot for very long periods, far more than ANY other game. I've only recently got started on the 07 game (didn't want to abandon my 06 game) and think it is a nice step forward.

Archived