Chairman status?

How do i change this using the editor? I'm Newcastle and Ashleys status in 9.03 is Loves the club. I want to change it so its willing to listen to offers or something where he will sell the club. Ive tried making Newcastle one of his disliked clubs but it still hasnt worked.

Any ideas?

If you're using the editor why dont you just remove him as chairman?:S

Because basically all that does is replace the chairmans name. The finances or personality dosent change. I want to change the status of the chairman so they get an actual in game takeover.

If you want a takeover, make the chairman 109 years old. Then a takeover will happen :thup:

Ive tried this too. I've put newcastle in his disliked clubs, ive removed the board members, ive changed fan confidence and board confidence to 1. Ive changed his loyalty to 1 but still his status is "Mike Ashley feels he will never leave the club he loves".

Anymore ideas?

taken from Maz' excellent post

"Alright Guys.

Welcome to the Ultimate guide to Takeovers .LoL

Anyway I have 2 guides here, one is for an edited database in which you (gamer) make changes to the fan and board confidence levels of the current chairman at your club or desired club in the pre-game editor and the second guide is for you (gamer) who wants a takeover without having to start a new game or edit the database.

Right I’ll crack on with the edited database guide.

Ok, firstly click on the pre game editor and find your chairman. Now I did this with Liverpool FC because of my hatred towards the 2 yanks so this may work for some and vice versa.

When you find your ‘tom hicks’ click on his ‘person data’ and change his ambition to 20 and loyalty to 1 and business to 20.

Then you need to changes his confidence levels so, click on ‘non player data’ followed by a click on ‘board confidence’. Now you will see 2 confidence levels.

1. Fans confidence.

2. Board confidence.

Both of these must be changed to 1.

You should also delete any directors at the club so in my case its bye bye George Gillett.

Now, save the database under whatever name and exit. Start a new game by clicking on the FM2009 icon. Load the database up and start the game. Now, here I suggest you load the Croatia league as well as the season starts on 1st of June so, you could get your feeder clubs sorted and your transfers done and dusted before a transfer embargo stops you. You will see what I mean later on.

Anyway once the game is loaded and you have sorted out your manager profile you should get a message from the current chairman welcoming you to the club. From here when you click on ‘board room’ you will find out the status of your chairman. For example in my case tom hicks is ‘happy to stay at the club’ or tom hicks ‘feels he will never leave the club he loves’. But, because you edited his confidence levels it should now say ‘willing to listen to offers’. This is a good sign as you will only have about 6-25 days before you get a message saying ‘tom hicks is rumoured to be stepping down’.

Now when you are in the first week of the game you may get a message of a takeover. If you don’t then don’t worry as it will happen. Continue playing the game as you would and expect to get a message (if the game starts on 1st June) saying ‘tom hicks is rumoured to be stepping down’ by 25th of June. Now this does not happen every time so if you don’t get a message by then you will later on.

Please remember that the 1st message can vary from ‘tycoon to be rumoured’or ‘consortium to be rumored’. I mean if you’re lucky you will get three types of messages within a week between them so that is good. If the last message is about a tycoon then that takeover will happen first.

Now, it doesn’t matter who takes over the club first so, when the second message come up it should say ‘tom hicks is in talks with xxxxxx’. Right, if you get a name of the person taking over, then change his age to 109 years old, his ambition to 20 and loyalty to 1. This way you might get another takeover straight away (even though I doubt it) but, it’s worth a try. If you don’t get a name then that’s fine and keep playing the game as you would. If a consortium or a tycoon is taking over then there should be a transfer embargo put on you. This is why I suggested starting with the Croatia league running.

By mid august you should get a message saying ‘takeover is close to completing’ or something along them lines. But you should have a name by now so change the age to 109, ambition to 20 and loyalty to 1. Now here, it could go either way but 95% of the time it will say on track or close.

Now, we are in to mid September. At this point the takeover should be completed. May be before or may be after. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s done. If a tycoon takes over your club he will invest money in to the club. If a consortium takes over they may do the same but in both case’s you will get an upgrade of both the training and youth facitilities. Both of them may well clear any outstanding debt on the club which is an investment itself. Ask any Liverpool fan and he will tell you.

Please remember that no matter what you do,

1st you cannot have a second takeover till the second season ends. It doesn’t matter what attributes you change using fmrte.

And 2nd until (if\ any) upgrading of the facilities is not completed you cannot have another takeover.

Now when the second season ends or is close to ending your chairman’s status should be ‘willing to listen to offers’. Now this is great because if you’re in May you should get another takeover just before 1st of July. If not, then either way the second takeover will be completed by mid September. Every time you get a message saying ‘xxxxxx is in talks with xxxxxx re-load fmrte and search for the second xxxxxx name. Change his attributes which are in bold at the top and just wait. You could, at this rate, have about 5 takeovers in 1 season. But this will only happen from the start of the 3rd season onwards and not before. Keep doing the above until you get a chairman to satisfy your needs. The only downside I can think of is if a transfer embargo is in force then you can’t make any transfers unless they are free ones. Good luck.

Now the ‘non edited database’.

This works best if your club is like Liverpool. In debt and finances close to being in red. Basically you only (using FMRTE) search for your tom hicks and change most of his attributes to 1. The following you do not change as you could lose your job:

Patience (20)

Ambition (20)

You keep ambition at 20 in order to keep on progressing in the game e.g. feeder clubs.

You must keep patience at 20 otherwise you will be sacked by October unless you’re doing very well.

Now, like with the ‘edited database’ you cannot have a second takeover till after the second season ends. Also it doesn’t matter whether the chairman likes the club or dislikes the club. That does not really have any bearing with the takeover or changing his status from ‘loves the club’ to ‘willing to listen to offers’ all it is that once you have changed the necessary attributes its just a question of waiting.

One thing I have no control over is when the changing of status happens.

Now, if you are the manager of a club who’s chairman’s status is ‘happy to stay at club’ then by 3rd week of December his status will be ‘listen to offers’ but if the club you took over has a chairman’s status ‘ loves the club’ then I’m sorry but this will delay the status changing.

No matter what you do you cannot change his status from ‘loves the club’ to willing to listen’ because it will take time. During my testing of other clubs I’ve had 4 chairman’s status at ‘loves the club’. Once I changed their attributes it took roughly 1-2 seasons in to the game before any status changing or a takeover happening. E.g. Del nido of sevilla season 1 ‘love the club’ then season 2 ‘happy to stay’ then end of season 2 in ‘process of board takeover’. But,

There is a problem, if the chairman’s (e.g. Del nido) PA was 180 before you changed it to 1 then it will take a lot longer than any other chairman. Now I don’t know why but it does. After the takeover is competed repeat the process until you are satisfied.

Guys I hope you all find this guide very helpful and if you still need help then do please ask as I will be happy to help you.

Credits go to…….

theusualsuspect9. For helping with the research

Matsk89 for pushing me to release this guide

Phil Macklam for helping with the research and finally

Cooper_NUFC for getting me interested in the first place.

And to all those who have tried helping me and the rest of the community.

Thanks "

Try this to help get rid of him.

In my old Liverpool game, a fellow director took over, cleared no debts, invested no money.

In my new Liverpool game a consortium are currently bidding on the club, every time I've seen a consortium they've atleast put a few million in, fingers crossed.

I believe the chairman's dedication to the club just fades over years, you'll just have to wait for the natural cycle to come round. :p

Archived