Anybody considered re-training Crouch as a Defender?

I noticed that he is currently "Unconvincing" as a central defender, but after looking at his attributes in my game, I'm mildly considering re-training as a centre back as a bit of an experiment. He's currently 27 years old. He lacks the pace to be an effective striker in my team. Anybody tried this in the past? I realise that it's probably a few seasons too late for it to be effective, just thought it might be interesting as an experiment.

His positioning, marking, tackling etc would all be far too low to retrain for a 27 year old.

Tackling is not great at only 9, but positioning 16, marking 14, concentration 16, and all other mental attributes are excellent as well. Seriously, his tackling attribute is the only one that is poor for a central defender (obviously it's quite an important one, though).

i tried retrainig Adebayor as a centre back in my AC Milan save, worked wonders, for his first season playing centre back his average rating was 8.1 :D

Did you use him to challenge GK from corners?

I don't know if this was for 08 or 09 but I read a thread by someone (sorry can't remember who) not too long ago. In this thread he mentioned that training a defender to be an attacker or attacker into defender does something to the weighting of attributes. Basically you can create a monster of a player because all the attributes start to cost a lot less CA points.

I'm actually tempted to try building a team of the biggest footballers in the game and see what happens :D

Cech,

Corluka, Hangeland, Mertesacker, Boateng

Kiessling , Fellaini, Faty, Foti

Cardozo, Goitom

Hoofball ahoy! :D

I'm actually tempted to try building a team of the biggest footballers in the game and see what happens :D

Cech,

Corluka, Hangeland, Mertesacker, Boateng

Kiessling , Fellaini, Faty, Foti

Cardozo, Goitom

Hoofball ahoy! :D

Well if anything you won't be conceding any headed goals. Then again knowing FM long shots will magically stop going in but you'll start conceding goals headed by your owens and Defoes.

Well if anything you won't be conceding any headed goals. Then again knowing FM long shots will magically stop going in but you'll start conceding goals headed by your owens and Defoes.

Forget Cardozo, try the mighty 6"8 monster Nikola Zigic and also the 6"8 Czech legend that is Jan Koller. Header paradise :D

Forget Cardozo, try the mighty 6"8 monster Nikola Zigic and also the 6"8 Czech legend that is Jan Koller. Header paradise :D

I want to actually win some games with ability though :D

I wonder if anyone has sucessfully created a Wimbledon-style hoofball tactic? Providing these guys can actually pass, i should see my posession rise since i'll be winning the midfield headers!

I don't know if this was for 08 or 09 but I read a thread by someone (sorry can't remember who) not too long ago. In this thread he mentioned that training a defender to be an attacker or attacker into defender does something to the weighting of attributes. Basically you can create a monster of a player because all the attributes start to cost a lot less CA points.

As acidburn says, I did that with Keirrison and it did create a monstrosity of a striker, at his absolute peak his pace was up to 19 and finishing 20 and other stats higher than normally he would be able to reach.

I've done it with another player with higher potential than Keirrison purely to target Nepenthez's Smylie to see if my other striker can do what he's had him do, but needless to say in some ways its ruined my game in terms of competitiveness. No team can compete with my strikers now.

Archived