Dividends paid out...

With my two completed seasons for Barca it has been £7m of £70 in June 09 (priofits for end of season about £20mish (looking at graph)) and £17m of £110m in June 10 (season profits £23.25m). These figures are approximate as I am looking abac at the graphs for most of them. The figures are 10% and 15.45 recurring% of the bank balance respectively.

I am running 19 leagues so at the moment I don't have more data for you, and it will be a while.

I'm not sure what determines it to be honest, my first chairman never took a dividend, despite having a 100m or so in the bank. The next chairman began taking large amounts (dividends up to 100m) and my latest chairman came to the club, invested 700m and then took a 300m dividend. Although the next season he took nothing, but we had a loss of 115m.

Does anyone remember the finance bug from about FM07, where when you reached a certain amount your bank balance switched so, for example, £2billion would become -£2billion?

I think this is to stop your balance reaching that amount, stopping a bug.

thats not a bug it something to do with how the game is coded or something as if you reach number that is to high the game would crash.abd by the way its in every fm as far as i know.

dividends are whats paid out to share-holders, and its a percentage of the profit that the business makes (in this case the club)

I know what a dividend is, that is not the question here.

thats not a bug it something to do with how the game is coded or something as if you reach number that is to high the game would crash.abd by the way its in every fm as far as i know.

That is what you would call a bug and a preventive measure.

It happens in real life.

I know dividend payouts happen in real life, that is not the issue.

The question is, does the game just pay out dividends and thats it or when a dividend is issued, does the game recognise the clubs financial performance somewhere else in the game.

Is it a case that extremely good financial performance only leads to the game cutting your money with no reward elsewhere or is it a factor other than you profile stat for financial control?

I hope they will change this annoying limit in FM 2010. I feel that the limit of $2 Billion is too low!

I hope they will change this annoying limit in FM 2010. I feel that the limit of $2 Billion is too low!

Its something to do with programming, any more than 2billion and the game will flip your balance to -2billion, meaning administration for a while.

To the OP, have you noticed that your transfer budgets/balance have increased when the game does its between season process? In my mind, i view it as higher dividend will attract new shareholders.

Its something to do with programming, any more than 2billion and the game will flip your balance to -2billion, meaning administration for a while.

To the OP, have you noticed that your transfer budgets/balance have increased when the game does its between season process? In my mind, i view it as higher dividend will attract new shareholders.

My chairman isnt dreaming of leaving and I think my budgets increasing is more got to do with my performances on the field, e.g. UCL Semi-Finals.

Does it factor into budgets?

It's how the investors in the club get money back.

Nobody is asking for an explanation of what a dividend is, read the thread properly please.

Then no, it doesn't affect anything else. BUT it is not a "method of reducing your balance", it is done because it happens in real life.

I know it happens in real life but also in real life paying out dividends has a benefit for the club in various ways.

If the game stops at just paying out dividends without boosting some hidden stats for the club then it is just effectively a method of reducing your balance for the purpose of making the game more difficult & avoiding a known bug.

Everyone just seems to be hoping that there is knock on effects to dividend pay outs but nobody is sure.

It's just like the tax feature, but they do work towards stopping the club from hitting the 2bn mark, but the main one for that is the board withdrawing money for "investments" in the clubs future.

The reason why the limit is -2bn to 2bn is because of the limitations on the integer/long integer variable in terms of the numbers it can accomodate, if they increase it to the next stage, I think the limitation is a 15 digit number, been a while since I last looked at it all so can't remember someone will wiki it later. But, doing that would cause a massive amount of waste in memory, since the empty spaces do have to be saved still, so most clubs would have balances of like 10 - 99m and would have like xxx,xxx,x99,000,000 in the memory, so for all the teams you load, and considering how many teams there is, already with very low balances like 100k and less, already using more memory than necessary you can see why the limit is 2bn.

I always thought the shareholders dividends were the profit that the shareholders took from the club and any money invested into the club was done seperately. I am pretty sure that this has nothing to do with stopping the club from reach 2 bn and that is done when the board takes money out to invest in the clubs future.

A dividend has nothing to do with reinvesting in a company/clubs future. Well it can do, but primarily it has little chance of being used like that. A company takes out its dividend, and that which is left, is there for reinvestment in the business. If you buy shares, each year you should get a dividend, more shares you have the bigger the dividend, you may be asked sometimes to give-up that dividend to keep more money for reinvestment in the business. In football dividends aren't as common because a lot of clubs don't operate on a hugely profitable level, so board members are sometimes just salaried.

As I said, its not a direct preventative measure, but its one of the lesser measures in the game that help stop it, and can also reflect upon real life football clubs and businesses in general.

It's just like the tax feature, but they do work towards stopping the club from hitting the 2bn mark, but the main one for that is the board withdrawing money for "investments" in the clubs future.

The reason why the limit is -2bn to 2bn is because of the limitations on the integer/long integer variable in terms of the numbers it can accomodate, if they increase it to the next stage, I think the limitation is a 15 digit number, been a while since I last looked at it all so can't remember someone will wiki it later. But, doing that would cause a massive amount of waste in memory, since the empty spaces do have to be saved still, so most clubs would have balances of like 10 - 99m and would have like xxx,xxx,x99,000,000 in the memory, so for all the teams you load, and considering how many teams there is, already with very low balances like 100k and less, already using more memory than necessary you can see why the limit is 2bn.

If what you say is true (and I'ts not that I don't believe you), wouldn't it make more sense if the limit was 9,999,999,999? That would be the maximum number in 10 digits.

If what you say is true (and I'ts not that I don't believe you), wouldn't it make more sense if the limit was 9,999,999,999? That would be the maximum number in 10 digits.

Except that a computer doesn't work with decimal numbers, it works with binary numbers.

Why do you want to know?

How will it affect your game?

Is, as Neji pointed out, £2bil not enough?

Is it not another way of marking your success? If you are in such good control of your finances that the board can take some pocket money out maybe it enhances your 'financial control' stat.

Where do the dividends go to when the club has a sugar daddy? Is he not the complete owner, owning 100% of the shares? Does all the divided go to him and the board?

Or would there still be a percentage that could be invested in by outside parties?

Is, as Neji pointed out, £2bil not enough?

My team atm has a value of a bit more then € 1B. But tbh it's no different then it was worth € 600m.

Only difference I see is that my wage budget keeps going up. It's at € 22m/month now.

But that too doesn't change anything for me as I have never spent more then € 8m/month.

Sure if I add my wage budget to my transfer budget I have like € 200m + to spend, but really who spends that much on transfers?

Does anyone remember the finance bug from about FM07, where when you reached a certain amount your bank balance switched so, for example, £2billion would become -£2billion?

I think this is to stop your balance reaching that amount, stopping a bug.

It's in 07 too. I have a bank balance of about £40m and I've had to pay £16m in dividends. So, 0.001% of the club is worth £16m?

My team atm has a value of a bit more then € 1B. But tbh it's no different then it was worth € 600m.

Only difference I see is that my wage budget keeps going up. It's at € 22m/month now.

But that too doesn't change anything for me as I have never spent more then € 8m/month.

Sure if I add my wage budget to my transfer budget I have like € 200m + to spend, but really who spends that much on transfers?

Me when I get bored lol

A couple seasons ago on my save (my team is worth about 1.3bn after a tycoon takeover) I had a transfer budget of £180m and a wage budget of about £2.6m a month so around £10.5m a month to spend (just changed my finances to euros to work out how much that is on the game: €230m transfer budget and close to around €13/14m in wages I suppose). I went out and bought the best left back in the game for 135m and the best right winger for 65m.

It did stop my chairman taking a dividend though.

Archived