How, how on earth...?

how did those who designed this game not notice how utterly utterly terrible (this is being very kind) press conferences are?!

It's just embarrassing really. It could be such a good feature but it's just repetative beyond belief. Anyway I was wondering what features people want to see in the media part of the game...

how did those who designed this game not notice how utterly utterly terrible (this is being very kind) press conferences are?!

It's just embarrassing really. It could be such a good feature but it's just repetative beyond belief. Anyway I was wondering what features people want to see in the media part of the game...

Welcome to the club my friend, get yourself a good ass man and let him deal with them.

They aren't that bad really. You have to freedom to tell the media where to go, so to speak, which can be good to relieve the stress. ;)

I leave most to my assistant, but quite often when I choose to attend, even long into the game, I come across a new question which comes as a welcome surprise.

They aren't that bad really. You have to freedom to tell the media where to go, so to speak, which can be good to relieve the stress. ;)

I leave most to my assistant, but quite often when I choose to attend, even long into the game, I come across a new question which comes as a welcome surprise.

True as a one off they are ok, but 20 odd a season get unbelievably annyoing. They shoukd cut them down to massive games and local derbies only, or have an option to only attend those.

It undoubtedly needs some work and expansion of the options and questions- I do, however, wonder how many press conferences Alex Ferguson has attended in his career and whether he gets fed up with the same questions?

I agree that the press conference feature is a bit of a pain just now. However, you have to remember that this, like the 3D, is a new feature and will hopefully be improved as the game evolves. I am pretty sure that when it was introduced that a lot of people thought that the 2d feature was horrible but look at it now. Most people would rather play 2D than 3 or commentary.

In the meantime I would do as has Brian Shanahan suggests and get yourself a good assistant and set him to handle press conferences.

It undoubtedly needs some work and expansion of the options and questions- I do, however, wonder how many press conferences Alex Ferguson has attended in his career and whether he gets fed up with the same questions?

The only ones he appears in now are the post-match champions league ones, as he is obliged to under UEFA rules, all the broadcasters have p***ed him off over the years.

I heard that before 09 came out, that press conferences was the most wanted feature.

Strange how they are not wanted now..........

It's because they're so repetative.

Can't do anything about them really other than a total revamp, allow users to type their own answers in.. or have a press conference editor which would be quite fun. Then we could add our own questions and have the questions be more varied.

I'll second HHUK's suggestion about having a "personalized" editor available for the press settings; I'm sure it can't be that difficult since, when broken out of the archive format, the files are simply XML based. What about being able to add different formats for the same questions (and answers for that matter), for the AI to randomly select the ones to ask? At least that will alleviate the monotony somewhat, and gives us the opportunity to make dynamic changes, say, every season?

I'll second HHUK's suggestion about having a "personalized" editor available for the press settings; I'm sure it can't be that difficult since, when broken out of the archive format, the files are simply XML based. What about being able to add different formats for the same questions (and answers for that matter), for the AI to randomly select the ones to ask? At least that will alleviate the monotony somewhat, and gives us the opportunity to make dynamic changes, say, every season?

It is possible, see the Editors' Forum. On the other hand, the steps in getting it done are painfully long and tedious.

SI doesn't make this game easily customizable.

It is possible, see the Editors' Forum. On the other hand, the steps in getting it done are painfully long and tedious.

SI doesn't make this game easily customizable.

Seen it, tried it... unfortunately the only editor that can be used for this (archiving ad unarchiving) is the old one (MC Editor) that was released before the dawn of mankind.

Plus the fact that the game automatically seems to look for the media information in its own program directory rather than the data store in the user's own one, so any changes (even by refreshing the media comments link) seem to happen randomly... (i also found that by messing with the files, you lose the player/manager interaction, mentor/mentee interaction with the players etc.)

Kinda no-win situation really...

It's because they're so repetative.

Can't do anything about them really other than a total revamp, allow users to type their own answers in.. or have a press conference editor which would be quite fun. Then we could add our own questions and have the questions be more varied.

Your answers will affect your players, board, opponent players etc. so it is unlikely that they will allow you to write your answers, unless they adopt some kind of text-recognition-engine, and figure out how your answer will affect the game.

On the other hand, I totally agree that press conference is a total waste of time. There should be a lot more preset Q&A's.

Archived