Staff Roles

It's what job they're most suited for, even if their stats say otherwise, e.g. I have sometimes tried to sign scouts as coaches (due to their stats) and they wont come, but sometimes you will see a coach or ass man being poached for a manager role. So it is still a bit fluid and not a set role.

so hypothetically, two staff of equal stats would have different effectiveness in a given role depending on where their staff roles is strongest?

I've seen some youth coaches with extra star ratings than their attributes suggest. (should be 3 star but 4 star for certain training categories). I think its down to their high working with youngster rating giving them a "leg up" but their is no distinction between first/coach/youth roles. Has anyone else noticed this?

The star ratings for coaches aso depend on determination adaptability and motivation as well as the technical aspects, that could be the reason for the 4 star rating of your coaches.

In answer to your question I would say yes, i.e. a good coach with a low ass man bar will not be well suited mentally to the role of ass man, although he will probably improve a bit over time.

The star ratings for coaches aso depend on determination adaptability and motivation as well as the technical aspects, that could be the reason for the 4 star rating of your coaches.

In answer to your question I would say yes, i.e. a good coach with a low ass man bar will not be well suited mentally to the role of ass man, although he will probably improve a bit over time.

I know the criteria for coach ratings, I have a excel sheet made out too and with some youth coaches with high working with youngster attributes, only seen it with 20 rating, and they should be 3 star yet the game has them rated at 4 star for certain training aspects (their strongest). I've checked my formulas and they are spot on

I think there is a missed factor in determining youth coaching or my game has a glitch thats not in other people's game.

e.g. Chris McCart of Celtic should be 3* in attacking, defending & set pieces yet he'll be 4* if you assign him to any of these categories. Anyone else able to see this??

Archived