Regens

Yeah mostly u21-19 international sides. Try to get as many scouts as possible and have them scout as many parts of the globe as possible. The narrower the scope the bigger chance of uncovering talent.

I've found absolute gems in remote obscure teams from Congo and Costa Rica (I think).

Have the scouts go to regions rather than countries as the only come back when recalled, and not every season. Germany seems to develop good regens early on more often than most other european countries (in my games anyway). I'd guess its due to the licence issue, i.e. an attempt to fill up the german squads as quickly as possible.

No such thing as regens :)

Regen - suggests they are based on retired players and reincarnated. Which doesn't happen in FM09.

Newgen is a more appropriate term.

No such thing as newgens :)

Newgen means that a new youth player is brought into the game every time a player retires, like a constant cycle of players.

FRED is a more appropriate term. That means that youth players being created has no link to retirement.

;)

No such thing as regens :)

Regen - suggests they are based on retired players and reincarnated. Which doesn't happen in FM09.

Newgen is a more appropriate term.

Newgen means that a new youth player is brought into the game every time a player retires, like a constant cycle of players.

FRED is a more appropriate term. That means that youth players being created has no link to retirement.

;)

Who cares, we all know what the TC meant. We aren't trying to write an assignment on nuclear physics....

;)

I could never called them FREDs though. Just makes me think of the Brazilian striker. :o

Archived