Is is time for more stats in FM?

Do you want more stats for FM?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more stats for FM?

• Yes
    • No

A few nice ones among them. I always screen through the player stats in a few leagues at the end of the season. Yet, those stats should have some meaning as well. Thus, fouls without a card may be interesting, but I wouldn't know how to make that knowledge be of any use to me as a manager.

Hmm, how so? You'd be happy playing with no stats?

Not at all. Certain basic stats, that are used for match understanding and you can see them on UEFA reports are much desireable. However splitting it all up into Shots Without a Goal (when you can easily deduce that from Total Shots - Goals), Fouls Without a Card, Minutes Without a Foul Lost, and a whole other bunch I can see in that article are just clogging up the game to simple numbers and irrelevant competition.

In my opinion, you need goals (and assists), shots, fouls and cards, passing completion and the average rating with man of the match awards and it's all round and good. Telling me how many headers do my players make, some in defence, some in offence, how many of them are goals and, by god, the distance covered (what is this, athletics, are we competing in the 100 m? do I need to further compare it to the acceleration of my car?) are totally out of place and only there for statistics freaks. If I loved statistics so much in the first place, maybe maths would've sounded a lot better in high-school. And whilst they are essential in a physics experiment, I don't want them on the pitch, ruining the game with non important data.

The game is complicated enough as it is. So no.

And like I say about all suggested additions, I would prefer SI prefected the many features in the game before adding new ones.

The game is complicated enough as it is. So no.

And like I say about all suggested additions, I would prefer SI prefected the many features in the game before adding new ones.

Agree 100% with robioto, there are quiet a number of flaws in the game as it stands and they need to be sorted

Archived