I Have Serious Issues With This Game ...

I have now played a first season with Man Utd and one with Lyon and I have found a number of issues and simply dumb things about this game ...

1. You are either left with the option of setting your training so low (and of course by low I mean in the exact middle, since even this middle setting sees your players stats drop like they are undergoing Guantanamo Bay type torture instead of actually training I cannot even imagine what an actual "low" setting would do) that your players stats drop like the Hindenburgh or you have to suffer thru 4 injuries a game which requires you to have 3 deep at every position in order to make it thru your fixtures (which of course sets everybody to whinging like 4 year olds) ... this is stupid!! I have watched soccer for over 20 years and I have NEVER seen a team lose 3 people in a game in real life and lose at least one player to injury per week (not to mention food poisoning?!?! viral infections?!?! wtf!?!)

2. This game is seriously stupid when it comes to being a big team signing and developing young talent. Your fans are "disappointed" at signings of 17 year old studs who don't play right away. Well guess what ... they aren't supposed to play right away ... that is why the squad has a U-18 squad. My U-18 Lyon squad was chocked full of wonderkids I had signed up, along with some I had, went something like 24-0-4 in the French U-18 league scoring some 75 goals and allowing only 7 ... you'd think the fans would be happy about all of that potential at the club? This game need to seriously understand nuance a bit better. If I start a U-18 in some meaningless cup game against a 2nd/3rd division side or in a late season game after the title is clinched and I am preparing for Champs League then if the youngsters tie or win/lose by 1 goal then the fans would be happy as hell in real life ... in the game ... OF COURSE NOT because the game doesn't recognize situations such as who is actually starting a game and what the importance of the game is given the upcoming schedule or league standing.

3. I actually had a week when playing my Lyon game at the end of the season that I had a league match on SAT, SUN, MON, WED, SAT .... REALLY ... uh huh ... If anybody knows an instance when this actually happened in real life and provide proof they can respond to this post and I will mail them $100.

4. A game where one team outshoots another 28-7 should not end in a 1-1 tie, once in a blue moon when facing some ungodly keeper, maybe ... on a regular basis ... with a team chocked full of 15+ rated finishers. The AI team can seem to dribble thru anybody at will, pass hundreds of time in succession without misspass whether the team is full of scrubs or stars. And what is up with fouls being called on people who are dribbling the ball??!? I cannot count the number of times my players were dribbling the ball in the offensive half or the box and get a foul called ON THEM?!?! I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened in all of my soccer watching career. Could the player be regularly stiff arming defenders .. well I guess but this is WHOLLY unrealistic. And I am not sure how many back passes from inside the offensive box back to my keeper I can take before I lose my mind ... who does that ... NOBODY!!! And I don't mind offside calls ... but then have the players on the screen actually ... you know ... OFFSIDES!!

5. Opposing coaches at my game?!? ... Look I was Man Utd ... MAN UNITED ... one of the 5 biggest clubs in the world ... my players, with the exception of maybe one whinging little diver, aren't going anywhere ... and they wouldn't want to ... SO STOP COMING TO MY GAMES...dont you have your own team to coach? And seriously once a fairly large team like LYON wins a Quad ... the players are going to be extactic and longing to be part of the phenomea ... I have heard and read this complaint on many boards of people who have taken middle level teams to 8 years in a row of League and European titles and they are still constantly getting pestered by other teams ... this needs to be fixed ... when your team is on the rise or already dominant ... NOBODY WANTS TO LEAVE IF THEY ARE PLAYING, WINNING AND GETTING PAID!!! ...

Those are the major annoyances or dumb things i have found so far ... i mean seriously how hard would it be to program the game to recognize when players who are under 18 are signed for comparitively low amounts (like 2M when your summer budget is 20M) that they are PROSPECTS for 3-5 years down the road, they are going to spend time playing under-18, time on loan and then if they develop maybe break into the first team ... the fans in real life know this but the game is programmed to idiotically to understand this? And how hard would it be for the game to do a simple averaging of the selected teams age? or starting experience? or usual reserve/u-18 team status? and take that into account along with how important the particular game is in relation to other upcoming games? I think even I could program that ...

3. I actually had a week when playing my Lyon game at the end of the season that I had a league match on SAT, SUN, MON, WED, SAT .... REALLY ... uh huh ... If anybody knows an instance when this actually happened in real life and provide proof they can respond to this post and I will mail them $100.

Rangers fans seem to think they had to play 18 games a day near the end of their UEFA Cup run season... after all, that's what lost them the title. :rolleyes:

$100 please. KERCHING.

I agree with point 2. I wish the game would recognise that i have signed a youngster for the future, and dont get unhappy with me that he hasnt played. Or if i sign someone for freas backup dont get annoyed at me cos he hasnt played yet.

The rest of your points are a bit meh to be honest. Ive never been struck by many many injuries at a time, yes they are reasonably regular but never game threatening if you know what i mean. But i train most of my players quite close to the hard area of the selection, so injuries are expected at my club.

There was no need to swear by the way

If you have problems with the game - I suggest posting constructively. Report bugs if you are finding them or take a break if it gets you THAT worked up. I'm closing this as it's just a rant thread.

Archived