Regarding Loans and Mentoring

Hey all,

I have been playing FM since 06 and I love it. I have always been a fan of this place, I read into tactics and everything. Great community I must say.

However, I do still have a few questions I still cannot get a sure fire answer on.

The first is regarding loans or more specifically, how to get the best out of a player by letting him go on loan. I usually buy young players aged 17-18 and let them sit on the reserves for the first year. Second year, I usually try and get them on loans for experience. I question though is it really necessary to get them out or would letting them sit on the reserves treat them the same? Or which clubs should I look to loan them to? Any help regarding this would be great as I would love to develop my young players to the fullest and get the most out of them.

Second is regarding Player mentoring. Like the loans, I still haven't totally grasp this. How do I match the players accordingly to get the best benefit for the young player?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I usually go one league below what I am if i can, anything else is too low a standard. Vital to get will be a "valuable first team player" though or somewhat pointless.

Don't usually use mentoring myself but pick one with a good personality - model proffessional is ideal. Be careful that if your mentor has a really bad mental stat he may drag his tutee downwards.

I see. I'm playing in the Premiership, so the Coca Coca League is my target? Though since I have such young players, many times if they are loaned there they are always almost Cover to the first team. Would is still be worth it? And these are guys with great potential according to my scouts and coaches.

I think it's pretty hit and miss. I sent one of my 18 y/o kids out on loan for a season and he came back and went straight into my team. I sent another one out and he didn't improve at all. Ideally, you would want them to get as many games as possible so if that means dropping down a few divisions then so be it.

I always send them to one of my feeder clubs.

Hey all,

I have been playing FM since 06 and I love it. I have always been a fan of this place, I read into tactics and everything. Great community I must say.

However, I do still have a few questions I still cannot get a sure fire answer on.

The first is regarding loans or more specifically, how to get the best out of a player by letting him go on loan. I usually buy young players aged 17-18 and let them sit on the reserves for the first year. Second year, I usually try and get them on loans for experience. I question though is it really necessary to get them out or would letting them sit on the reserves treat them the same? Or which clubs should I look to loan them to? Any help regarding this would be great as I would love to develop my young players to the fullest and get the most out of them.

Second is regarding Player mentoring. Like the loans, I still haven't totally grasp this. How do I match the players accordingly to get the best benefit for the young player?

Thanks!

Ok loans first.

Each league plays to a certain level of football. To improve best a young player needs to play in a league that suits his level of ability. Too low and he won't challenged therefore won't make significant improvement. Too high and he is out of his depth leading to "feeling the pressure" and no significant improvements. Should also mention of course the player needs to be playing competitive first team football while out on loan.

I usually use the league rep levels along with my own judgement of what level I think the player is at.

Moving onto mentoring.

Tutees can learn PPMs from their mentor while their mental abilities with move towards those of the mentor (Inc Personality).

Read this thread to learn about personalities: Lyssien's Personality Guide

Hey all,

Thanks!

Ok loans first.

Each league plays to a certain level of football. To improve best a young player needs to play in a league that suits his level of ability. Too low and he won't challenged therefore won't make significant improvement. Too high and he is out of his depth leading to "feeling the pressure" and no significant improvements. Should also mention of course the player needs to be playing competitive first team football while out on loan.

I usually use the league rep levels along with my own judgement of what level I think the player is at.

Moving onto mentoring.

Tutees can learn PPMs from their mentor while their mental abilities with move towards those of the mentor (Inc Personality).

Ok loans first.

Moving onto mentoring.

Sounds great. When it comes to mentoring, which option should I choose? Role Model, Approach of the game, or Learn?

Ok loans first.

Moving onto mentoring.

Sounds great. When it comes to mentoring, which option should I choose? Role Model, Approach of the game, or Learn?

Different options have increasing effects and decreasing chances of success (role model being the least likely to succeed). Ideally you would start with "learn" and if that tutoring is successful (i.e. player delighted at the end of tutoring experience) select "role model". This way you can get a lot of your players on each other's favourite personnel list.

When loaning players just make sure that they will be playing at the highest level possible while still playing regularly. If you see that they are not getting any games recall them before mid-season and try to find another team for them. Also when loaning them out, check the players that occupy the same position and the team's tactics. Ideally you want them to be starting regularly and playing in a familiar position (no point in loaning out a winger to a team that plays 4-4-2 diamond). Feeders are great for giving youngsters experience.

It is better for players to be loaned out to teams that are playing in active leagues in your game. Even though they would play even in an inactive league, the matches are not 'simmed' in active leagues and the players get much more experience from playing in these leagues

Been having better success recently.. however its a new season and I really need to get many of my youngsters some first team experience through loans.

I'm having trouble getting them. I offer them to my feeders, they reject.

Is there any trick or way to get clubs to get interested and offer loans for my younger players?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

What are their squad statuses? If they are something like part of the squad rotation system, they might think they have a place in your first team plans, so just make sure they are set to something like decent young player. And are they actually listed as available for loan?

What are their squad statuses? If they are something like part of the squad rotation system, they might think they have a place in your first team plans, so just make sure they are set to something like decent young player. And are they actually listed as available for loan?

Haven't thought of that about the squad status.. complete forgot, got to check that. Yea, their listed for loan.

Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try.

Archived