A "Select All" button when selecting nations to load players from

Now, I'm a bit of a detail nut when it come to FM - I like to have all leagues from all countries loaded, which doesn't take long to prepare on the new game screen. However, when it comes to the "Load All Players From..." drop down menu, it takes at lot longer. Again I want to load all players from all countries, and the first 30 or 40 can be selected fairly quickly, but it then slows down a lot. There's a "Clear All" option in that drop down menu, but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add a "Select All" option in future versions (I don't know if it's too late to put it in for FM10).

I realise this isn't exactly the number one priority for the majority of people, but if you don't ask, you don't get! ;)

There is a file you can download, a .ddt I beleive, that goes in your data folder for whatever db you are using. It can load all players if you want. The problem is I can't remember where the link is but its somewhere on these forums like.

yes there is. it might be found in Editors Hideaway

There is a file you can download, a .ddt I beleive, that goes in your data folder for whatever db you are using. It can load all players if you want. The problem is I can't remember where the link is but its somewhere on these forums like.

yes there is. it might be found in Editors Hideaway

It's called DDT of the world file & u can download it FMformation or FM Base i can't remember which 1, the problem I have is that I download the file and put it in the right place has it ticked in the preferences but it still doesn't load up all the nations

Now, I'm a bit of a detail nut when it come to FM - I like to have all leagues from all countries loaded, which doesn't take long to prepare on the new game screen. However, when it comes to the "Load All Players From..." drop down menu, it takes at lot longer. Again I want to load all players from all countries, and the first 30 or 40 can be selected fairly quickly, but it then slows down a lot. There's a "Clear All" option in that drop down menu, but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add a "Select All" option in future versions (I don't know if it's too late to put it in for FM10).

I realise this isn't exactly the number one priority for the majority of people, but if you don't ask, you don't get! ;)

Okay, so perhaps you like to run all leagues, but you must be joking when you say it's quick to set up. You have to click each nation, then check it's active league menu to select the lowest league there...this is not fast. Unless you are an über mouse wizard.

GEEEE, i have problems managing 6 countries (not all divisions are loaded).

What computer? AND how many rams to handle 30 countries??

1TB of hard drive space, and 4GB RAM. Pretty good graphics card, too. Was quite pleased to get it for £710!

Okay, so perhaps you like to run all leagues, but you must be joking when you say it's quick to set up. You have to click each nation, then check it's active league menu to select the lowest league there...this is not fast. Unless you are an über mouse wizard.

Nah - I just hover the cursor over the leagues drop down menu, and use the mouse wheel to scroll down until it stops.

No need to search the editors hideaway chaps. This is the program you want for creating ddt files. It will work fine with fm2009 as well.

http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

Looks useful - where would I save the file it generates, and how enable it?

1TB of hard drive space, and 4GB RAM. Pretty good graphics card, too. Was quite pleased to get it for £710!

hard disk space does nothing to make the game faster. 4GB ram is pretty good but nowhere near good enough to play the game smoothly with all leagues on. And the graphics card just makes sure you can run 3d decently, you don't need a top card for that.

What's your processor?

Nah it's been fine. Got through 3 seasons with two managers managing both clubs and countries at the same time in the equivalent of a few days, albeit spread over a lot longer due to work, etc.

Nah - I just hover the cursor over the leagues drop down menu, and use the mouse wheel to scroll down until it stops.

Looks useful - where would I save the file it generates, and how enable it?

I would just save it anywhere on your hard drive at first until its been properly saved then move it to my documents\sportsinteractive\football manager2009\db\your database\edt

"your database" is the name of any database you want to put it in. To make use of it you have to start a new game. Do this and the game should recognise the ddt file automatically. Hope this makes sense because I am in a hurry to get to the pub so wrote this really quick!

To run all leagues you need Deep Blue, but to retain all players an average processor is fine. The game will take ages to initially load up, but after that processing, saving and booting up a save is no problem. I have that ddt file loaded and it's great.

I agree that it's a pain ticking each 'retain players' box one at a time - the drop-down list should stay open to tick all the boxes you want.

I run all leagues and retains all players from all nations as well (except from USA, my game crashes if I retain them). When you start a new game, it's really a pain, because all the countries of the leagues previously selected will automatically have been unselected. If I selected huge database (by hacking the skin), my game crashed, but I suppose this is due to a problem with retaining the USA players. Huge database doesn't seem to load all players anymore either.

My game is running fine, by the way. My computer is not state of the art, but I'm only running with a few leagues in full detail.

Archived