Champions League Final Location Bug?!

I don't know if it's happening in anyone else's game but I'm in 2014 and there appears to be a bit of a bug with the final of the Championbs League. Basically in the choice of locations is not rotated as it is IRL and so far the finals have been held as follows:

2009 - Italy

2010 - Spain

2011 - Portugal

2012 - Germany

2013 - Spain

2014 - Portugal

2015 - Spain (it was announced just after the final I had)

I'm not sure if it is set up in the game to rotate the finals as Uefa do IRL but so far it seems a bit stupid that Spain get 3 finals in 6 years (and 2 in 3 years) whereas other nations (both major and minor) are overlooked.

Is this a bug or just an ommision in the code from SI?

2009 - Italy

2010 - Spain

2011 - Germany

2012 - Wales

2013 - Austria

2014 - Scotland

2015 - Portugal

2016 - Sweden

2017 - Spain

2018 - Germany

2019 - Poland

2020 - Spain

2021 - Germany

Mine seems great besides the last 5 years which is pretty bad, having two nations hold it twice in the 5 years.

These all sound dodgy, even in the picture above. There are many occasions when one country has hosted the final twice in three years (e.g. France in 2020 and 2022, England in 2038 and 2040). This wouldn't happen in real life.

djstreaky, which country are you managing in???

Why?

Millenium Stadium is one of the biggest in Europe and Ibrox etc are pretty big too. Also remember that in future there will be new and expanded stadiums.

Yeah at Rangers our new stadium is 83,313 seats, but Im sure in my game it was played at Hampden with 52,250 seats.

Off topic, Hershie nice record in the champs league! You have a great save, with your two stadiums named after you as well.

Hershie: sly way of showing off your record :p (Congrats though :))

I've always wished that there could be a way that you could appeal for your own stadium to be used, as I've never had a "home" CL final. Even if I don't get to the final there'd still be an extra profit involved...

I've always wished that there could be a way that you could appeal for your own stadium to be used, as I've never had a "home" CL final. Even if I don't get to the final there'd still be an extra profit involved...

You can't. UEFA picks stadiums according to their requirements. Eligible stadiums are able to put in bids, although the proceeds do not go to the club themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Elite_stadium

Wales... Scotland?

Surely thats a bug?

are you kidding. Scotland are creditted with holding one of the best champions league finals in a long time, 2002 Real Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen, and have two stadiums that are rated 5 stars by UEFA, Ibrox and Hampden. Whilst Wales have the Millenium Stadium. Both great hosts for such an event and i see nothing wrong with them.

You can't. UEFA picks stadiums according to their requirements. Eligible stadiums are able to put in bids, although the proceeds do not go to the club themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Elite_stadium

Oh right, I always assumed that the stadium owners made some money out of it.

Still think there should somehow be more than "Race hots up to host 2012 European Champions Cup"

I'm guessing it's because Spain and Germany have quite a number of large arenas that fit the requirements.

Spain:

Nou Camp

Bernabeu

Calderon (home of Ath. Madrid)

Olympico Seville

Olympico Barcelona (home of Espanyol)

Mestella

Germany:

Allianz Arena (Bayern)

Arena Hamburg

Veltins Arena (Schalke)

Westfalen Stadium (Dortmund)

Olympiastadion Berlin

Olympiastadion Munich

Mercedes Arena (Stuttgart)

etc

Would say that it is okay so far in my game.

Hosts in order of year in my currently 2014 game.

Italy

Spain

Wales

Austria

Portugal

Spain

Fair enough, Spain are twice in 5 years, but that isn't too bad.

Man Utd and Barcelona won 3 times each.

Gone as follows:

B,B,M,B,M,M

None of them have been runner up when the other has won though.

Runners up been Roma and Arsenal twice, Madrid and Inter being the other two losers.

UEFA Cup been more varied.

Turkey

Ireland

England

France

Switzerland

Spain

Real Madrid won that trophy for last two years.

Only issue would be Spain hosting both Champions League and Europa Cup in the same season, in the Bernabeu (Champs) and Vicente Calderon (Europa)

Madrid got treated to some good finals it seems.

Bad luck, poor performance and generally not being able to establish a strong new team after my 'old' winning side were past their best and moved on. :o:D

Would have been fun though, provides more of a challenge getting the new invincibles up and going.

• 2 weeks later...

well I think it is something that needs to be addressed as altough it does occasionally happen that a country will have it twice in 5-7 years (looking back through the records) for a country to receive it almost every other year in some cases is wrong.

BTW in response to the person who asked earlier in the thread I am managing in England and have been since the start of my game

For my Liverpool save:

Champions League:

33bn0j7.jpg

(and yes I know Im complete fail in the CL won the league title 17 times though)

UEFA Cup / Europa League:

s4rn0x.png

Looks fine to me with the following hosting stats:

UCL (number of times hosted):

Germany: 5

Spain: 4

Italy: 3

England: 2

Netherlands: 2

Portugal: 2

Belgium: 1

Greece: 1