Global Tactics/Team Instructions

I am finding this game really hard tactically atm, and was wondering whether some of you guys use global tactics as opposed to individual tactics and still achieve success. I find it really quite tedious to change 11 players' instructions when I want to change things and I just find it a bit difficult. In FM 07, I had quite a bit of success with global mentality - has anyone had success with it in 09?

PS I have posted this in the tactic forum, but there are more people around here to answer here then there.

Global mentality will work well - it is the mentality system that the AI uses after all.

Personally, I have found the 'rule of one' mentality split to work best on 09. However, I use a lot of global instructions for things like marking and passing etc.

I tend to make up my tactics sets and save them. Then I can switch between them during the game easily.

Even if you make global tactics, you'll still find that it is a pain to alter so many sliders to go all out attacking etc.

Hope that helps,

C.

Yes, that's the rule of one. Check TT&F for the settings.

Not sure what you mean with your question about player instructions. I vary my player instructions depending upon ability and the framework. So an attacking tactic will have more through balls being played, for instance, while a defensive one will have less. And so on.

You can check how I set up my tactics by having a look at my 4-4-1-1 thread which is on the unofficial tactics bible. There are 4-4-1-1 and 4-4-2 sets there, all rule of one.

C.

Sorry if I didnt make myself clear -

I understod that your tactics are based on team instructions but you have some player instructions to. But I have obviously lost you somehwere. I will take a look at your thread.

Yes, I use a mixture of team instructions and individual instructions.

For some things, I set players to team instructions, such as passing or tackling.

For most things, I use mainly individual instructions, for example creative freedom, closing down etc.

I tend to keep it fairly simple though. The most complex thing is probably the mentality split I use.

All will become clear if you take a look at my 4-4-1-1 thread.

C.

Archived