Managing in Spain

I like to know about managing in Spain, what grabs my attention is being able to get your reserve team promoted to the 2nd division, so you can see how your reserves are doing and their ranking etc. i am bit of a control freak.

But the problem is, i remember last year on FM08 i loaded second division B to get the reserve team promoted to 2nd division, but in doing so affecting my club reputation for some reason regardless if i won the CL or La Liga title.

Is this bug fixed on FM09? (patch 9.03)

Anyone know??

Why should reserves be affecting the main club rep??

I remember it wasnt only me, but many other people had the same thing.

In spain, there are three divisions, 1st / 2nd / 3rd, your reserves if maanging top team is in usually 3rd division, you can get the team promoted to 2nd division if they finish well through promotion play off. This is what i wanted my reserve to do, so i can buy alot of promising prospects without having to loan them out. But this affected my club reputation goiing down real fast for some odd reason. I thought it was a bug.

Has anyone had the experience of doing this, without their club rep going down??

The B teams in Spain seem to be autonomous and are treated as affiliates. You can't adjust training schedules and they don't use the same facilities. I think you can only manage B teams separately, not as part of the club.

I am managing Valencia and don't really bother with Mestalla. My big problem is player registration issues. With a limit of 25 first team players and only 2 registration windows, when one of your U19s "steals" a squad number and makes one of your first team players inelligable for 3-4 months it's quite annoying.

U19 players don't need to be registered to play in La Liga but for some reason they don't have their own squad numbers. There must be a strategy for developing youth players in Spain but I haven't figured it out yet...

I managed real sociedad for a while in ligue adelante to get them promoted, but they had so many players and all the ones in the other team wanted to be first team players and it was getting on my nerves so I left. Even though I was only 3rd when I left and it had took me a while to get the club going and getting results it seemed to boost my reputation alot and I got offered the roma job afterwards :confused:

Archived