HELP Finances.

hi there.

I really would need some help with finances. I always seem to be losing money. :confused:

is their any good guides out there?

or any advice you'd like to give me.

My current team is PSV. I'm under the wage bill.

Wage budget is irrelavant. Get your wage bill down to half of what your gate reciepts are and youll soon be turning a profit. As Bhoy says, try asking for a stadium expansion, using the rule i use the bigger the gate reciepts the bigger wage budget i allow myself.

BTW, have PSV got any debt?

Wage budget is irrelavant. Get your wage bill down to half of what your gate reciepts are and youll soon be turning a profit. As Bhoy says, try asking for a stadium expansion, using the rule i use the bigger the gate reciepts the bigger wage budget i allow myself.

BTW, have PSV got any debt?

yes a little yes.

The basic strategy is:

1. Schedule home friendlies with bigger clubs (Barcelona, etc)

2. If possible, incite a bidding war for your top player or two - if you can get multiple clubs interested, you can sometimes sell for much higher than listed value.

3. Slash the wage bill. Offer new contracts to EVERY player just to see if they'll accept a cut in salary (and reduced role, sometimes).

4. Transfer list and slash the asking price of every unwanted player. You'll find any AI-controlled or start-of-game-DB team has a few players on wages much higher than what you're going to get for them: moving those players is key.

5. Make maximum use of loans-in and loans-out to

a.) Get quality players on the squad who don't require salary, and

b.) Get your younger players experience while the loaning club pays their salary

6. Progress as far as you can in Cup competitions (prize money + gate receipts) and, if possible, qualify for promotion or Europe (additional TV revenue)

Regarding points in this thread, the value of merchandise feeder clubs was dramatically reduced for FM'09 from FM'08; still valuable but no longer world-beating. Stadium expansion is useful ONLY if you're pretty much selling out your existing stadium every time out .. if not, you risk incurring additional costs (for construction) only to see the new capacity go unused. (Most boards have enough business sense to avoid this situation, but some don't.)

Finally, if this is your first season as PSV, I'd say wait it out a year. What I find the best gauge of "Am I making money or not" is year-over-year balance comparison. Basically, write down the balance on the 1st of each month; when you get to that date the following year, check your balance. Due to the unpredictable timing of some revenue streams, that's the only way to be certain if you're turning a profit or losing money.

Archived