[FM09] It Began In Africa

Charlesbeams

It Began In Africa

Version: FM09 9.3.0
Leagues Loaded: All Australia, Brazil, England, Hong Kong, Mexico, South Africa

I decided to start a game, choosing a team from each continent, starting in South Africa, and possibly ending in England, no idea how long the career will last, hopefully get about 3 or 4 years in each continent, and possibly manage national teams as well, if i do well enough of course.

I started unemployed and previous experience as Semi-Professional, so it was easier to get a job.

So i applied for all jobs that were available in south africa:

Bloem Celtic (1st division) rejected

Black Leopards (1st division inland) rejected

Carara Kicks (1st division coastal) approached but rejected because of better offer

Durban Stars (1st division coastal) approached but rejected because of better offer

F.C.A.K (1st division inland) accepted because of higher wage budget and transfer budget

Tuks (1st division inland) rejected

Vasco (RSA) (1st division coastal) approached but rejected because of poor wage budget

4 Teams got back to me, Ive listed above what happened.

I am now the manager of F.C.A.K.

First of all i was curious what F.C.A.K stood for, unfortunately, it didn't tell me anywhere, and i had to look it up online and it seems it stands for Football Club Azziz Kara, and they are known as Bahumi, no cups won, although they did once come runner up in the South African cup, in 2006.

Next thing to do was to check out the players, after a quick browse, i moved a few to reserves, but im pretty happy with what i have.

One main problem is defense, there are only two defenders in the first team, so i think ill need to bring in at least 3, probably on loan or free transfer, only other area i will probably look into is Striker.

At the start, the assistant told me to look into signing a few players, two who i decided to sign, then went looking for some more free players, and decided to buy a striker, who looks quite promising, and they only wanted 5k for him, as well as an Orlando Pirates reserve player, who i only looked at because of his name, Happy Jele.

I also saw that Kasigo Dikgacoi was in the player search, so i decided to offer for him on loan, to my surprise, they accepted the offer, unfortunately, he decided to go to Al-Ahli.

Transfers

[b]In:[/b]
Lovers Mohlala(D RLC, WB/M RL) - free
Bongani Cashibe (D RLC) - free
Happy Jele (AM C) - 16k
[url="http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x95/charlesbeams/11ReasonMaswanganyi.png"]Reason Maswanganyi[/url] (ST) - 5k
Sizwe Mgaga (DC) - 1k
Blessing Makhathini (GK) - loan from Bloem Celtic
Asanda Jamile (D LC) - 2k
Daniel Thlageng (ST) - 5k

[b]Out:[/b]
Sashi Chalwe - 250k to Kaizer Chiefs (i couldnt not accept really, he was worth 4k, and i can replace him easily)

i decided to ask for a Parent Club, and they got back to me with Bloem Celtic, who i decided to say yes to, hopefully i can get a player or two on loan.

Pre-Season

0-1 vs Bay Utd

2-4 vs Maritzburg Utd

1-1 vs Platinum Stars

3-7 vs Sundowns

0-2 vs Bloem Celtic

1-3 vs Golden Arrows

1-0 vs Thanda Royal Zulu

so a terrible pre-season overall, all games against top division sides, so i didnt expect much overall anyway.

South African First Division Cup 1st Round

F.C.A.K aet 6-3 Tuks

My first competitive game, and what a game it was, started off badly, conceding twice in the first 11 minutes, but quickly changed my tactics, and things went well after that.

Really thought i was going to win with around 10minutes left, until they scored on 84, luckily things went my way after 90minutes, one debutant got a hat trick, and another got two, which im really happy with.

i know this first post is a bit messy, but ill try and keep it shorter, and hopefully better in future :p

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More African nations should be made playable. I've enjoyed a small stint in South Africa in the past but always get bored quite easily with only that African nation loaded. Egypt, Tunisia, Nigeria, Cameroon and Senegal would be my choices.

Cheers Cenotaph, just hoping its going to be fun.

Start of Season Expectations

The minimum expectation is that the team achieve a respectable league position within the First Division Inland this season

Information

The team has no rivals, and there are no favourite people either, so hopefully i can become the first of those, unlikely though.

Average Ticket Price - £3

Average Season Ticket Price - £16

Media Prediction - 4th

Stadium

Eldorado Park - Johannesburg

Capacity - 12000 (9000 seated)

Squad

GK

1. Thadoluke Mkhonza - injured

20. Blessing Makhathini - on loan

28. Oscar Ramogoadi

DEF

2. Asanda Jamile

3. Lovers Mohlala

4. Elasto Kapowenzha

5. Bongani Cashibe - alot worse than i first remembered

18. Sizwe Mgaga

MID

6. Perry Mutapa

7. Pogisho Mokgotjo

8. Mohau Mokopandu

12. Charles Yohane - Captain

14. Morne Visser

15. Innocent Ntsume

16. Happy Jele

19. Lebo Mohale Ramolesa

ST

11. Alois Bunjira - Assistant said he was probably the best player

13. Evans Gwekwerere

17. Reason Maswanganyi

21. Daniel Thlageng - not as good as i thought, but scored a hat trick

25. Rafique Hassim

Looking at History and Records, seems there wasnt any to start with, so alot of records will be made, ill probably mention change in the second season, after records have been set.

Season Tickets

F.C.A.K have announced the final sales figures for season tickets.

The Ticket Office has confirmed that the club has sold 168 season tickets for this season

First Division Cup Quarter Final Draw

F.C.A.K vs Nathi Lions

league games will be starting fairly soon, ill update after so many.

Another continent that i haven't played in all my years of CM/FM, no idea why. I'll be following this with interest to see how the South African league plays out. I like the start so far and in particularly your choice of league's loaded. One from each continent...could prove to be a great journeyman career.

Cheers for the replies everyone.

More African nations should be made playable. I've enjoyed a small stint in South Africa in the past but always get bored quite easily with only that African nation loaded. Egypt, Tunisia, Nigeria, Cameroon and Senegal would be my choices.
Another continent that i haven't played in all my years of CM/FM, no idea why. I'll be following this with interest to see how the South African league plays out. I like the start so far and in particularly your choice of league's loaded. One from each continent...could prove to be a great journeyman career.

yeah, i wish there was a few more leagues from different nations, and they should put Australia into Asia, as they are classed as that now i think.

probaby have another update, after ive played each team once

I was unsure how the league worked at first, mainly promotion

There is 8 teams in two divisions, Inland and Coastal, each team plays 28 games, the winner of each play in a final, the winner gets promoted, taking the place of the bottom team in the premier league.

The 2nd placed teams also play in a play-off, and the winner plays the 15th placed team in the premier league, if the premier league team wins, only one promotion will take place, if the inland/coastal team wins, they get promoted.

Hope thats not too confusing for people who dont know about it.

I also found out that the Chairman is called Aziz Kara, which is where the teams name came from.

First Division Cup Quarter Final

F.C.A.K 0-1 Nathi Lions

Terrible game, after i saw the odds of 30/1 for Nathi Lions, i thought it'd be fairly easy, but it only took one goal, from a penalty.

I decided to bring in a new player after the cup defeat

22. Tshepo Moletsane - D RC, WB/M R - 4k

First Division Inland

Witbank Spurs 3-2 F.C.A.K

Was going well for 22minutes, and after that, all downhill, could have been 6 or 7 for Witbank, Thlageng scored both goals aswell.

F.C.A.K 2-0 Black Leopards

Thought i was going to lose this match, took 60 minutes to get the first goal though, and my first points in the league.

Winners Park 0-3 F.C.A.K

Good game and a fairly easy win, Thlageng getting his 6th goal of the season

F.C.A.K 2-1 Dynamos

Odds were against me in this match, but a goal in the 25th, and a red card for Dynamos just before half time, made me think we could win it. Scored another 10minutes into the second half, had a slight scare when they got one back with 15minutes to go, but everything went well after that, and that win put me top of the division on goal difference.

Tuks 1-0 F.C.A.K

Playing Tuks or University of Pretoria for the second time this season, first time around was a brilliant game, this time, pretty rubbish really, unfortunately, i lost as well.

F.C.A.K 1-2 Jomo Cosmos

Another game where the odds were definitely against me, things started badly, conceding in just 8 minutes, but we replied on 10, and went into half time at 1-1, second half didnt go too well, but we only conceded another, we played well, but just couldnt get an equalizer. Leaving us 5th in the league.

MP Black Aces 1-0 F.C.A.K

another game lost, but it could have been alot worse.

Top Scorers

Daniel Thlageng - 6

Reason Maswanganyi - 4

Evans Gwekwerere - 2

Alois Bunjira - 2

Pogisho Mokgotjo - 1

Charles Yohane - 1

so after playing each team once, i guess im doing ok, i reckon i could have won more games than i did though, ill have to sort my tactics out as well, im not the greatest at choosing them.

South African First Division Inland

F.C.A.K 5-1 Witbank Spurs

glad i got the win here, after they stole the points from me last time round, great win.

Black Leopards 1-1 F.C.A.K

quite unlucky to only get a draw here, felt i could have won it.

F.C.A.K 2-1 Winners Park

well, i didnt expect it to end that close, really thought they would have no chance at all, they scored first, took us 61mins to get one back, and even then it was an own goal, but we got a late winner, to steal the points.

Was having a look for some youth players, and found someone playing for Jomo Cosmos, unfortunately, he doesnt want to move at such a young age, so ill have to wait a while, but by then, he'll probably be worth alot more - Christopher Fransman

Dynamos 1-0 F.C.A.K

after Dynamos got a red card, i thought i'd beable to win this game, i was wrong, they got a penalty quite late on and took the win.

After 11 games, im currently 5th, 4points off 4th, which is ok for now.

ive come off FM for now, will probably go back on later tonight.

F.C.A.K 2-0 Tuks

After last time, i went into this game expecting it to be fairly tough, two first half goals got me a fairly comfortable win though.

The Jomo Cosmos vs F.C.A.K First Division Inland match on Saturday 29th November 2008 has been chosen by the Jomo Cosmos board as a fan day in order to promote the team and attract new fans to the club
lets try and put a stop to those fans.

Jomo Cosmos 4-1 F.C.A.K

dont think things could have gone any worse to be honest, terrible game, and Cosmos probably have alot more fans now.

F.C.A.K 4-1 MP Black Aces

A good win against the team just ahead of me, unfortunately, they are still ahead of me.

Halfway through the season and its pretty average so far, aslong as i dont get relegated, ill be ok, finishing 4th or higher would be good though.

League Table

Squad

Not sure how your squad gelling is, but you start to see things improve about now, and it won't take much to catch up with the leaders.

i agree with NotWordsButDeeds, you're only 8 points behind top team and only halfway through, with a better squad chemistry and hopefully avoiding injury you should easy be able to challenge for promotion, good luck Charlesbeams!! :thup::D

Not sure how your squad gelling is, but you start to see things improve about now, and it won't take much to catch up with the leaders.
i agree with NotWordsButDeeds, you're only 8 points behind top team and only halfway through, with a better squad chemistry and hopefully avoiding injury you should easy be able to challenge for promotion, good luck Charlesbeams!! :thup::D
Good start to thread and the season.

I have manage once in Africa for a challenge on here on 07 or 08. There should be more leagues to manage as loads of good players are coming from Africa ect.

cheers, and things seem to be getting a bit better now. update in a minute

Witbank Spurs 1-3 F.C.A.K

A comfortable win, moving me up to 4th.

i still want to sign Christopher Fransman, he signed a new contract with Jomo Cosmos, but it didnt stop me offering for him.

F.C.A.K 2-0 Black Leopards

Another good win, seems like things are getting slightly better

Alois Bunjira, said to be one of the best players for F.C.A.K has had an offer made for him, £250k, thats alot more than his value of 2k, ive accepted the offer, mainly because he's getting old, and i can probably get in a younger replacement.

Tuks 1-1 F.C.A.K

After scoring late on, i thought i'd get the 3 points, but Tuks scored about 3minutes after to get a draw.

So Bunjira left for Budvest Wits for £250k, and i brought in a new player as a replacement, in a way, i think ill try to bring in another before the end of the transfer window.

F.C.A.K have signed Sundowns' Chris Makhoba for a fee of £30,000.

Winners Park 1-4 F.C.A.K

Another win, but its still not enough to move me up a place, 3 points ahead of 5th now, but 4 behind 2nd and 3rd.

F.C.A.K have snapped up winger Michael Hlatshwayo on a free transfer.

F.C.A.K 1-0 Dynamos

We got the win, but it was pretty close, really happy with this result though.

F.C.A.K 2-0 Jomo Cosmos

Hate playing these, as they got relegated last season and are probably the best team in the league, but we went in at half time winning 1-0, but i didnt think we would hang on, and an own goal on 63mins was enough to get me a 2-0 win, and put me up to 3rd in the league, its getting alot closer now.

League Table - 8 games left

unbeaten in 7 aswell :)

South African FA Cup 1st Round Draw

Tambo Cosmos vs F.C.A.K

MP Black Aces 1-0 F.C.A.K

So things didnt really go well for me in this game, still got a game with each team though.

South African FA Cup 1st Round

Tambo Cosmos 0-3 F.C.A.K

Expected a win, but i actually thought i'd score more than 3.

2nd Round Draw

F.C.A.K vs Bidvest Wits

The transfer of [url="http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x95/charlesbeams/IvanWinstanley.png"]Ivan Winstanley[/url] to F.C.A.K from Swallows has been agreed.

The transfer will go through on Monday 1st June 2009.

So a new player will be joining next season, i know he's getting old, but he seems fairly decent.

First Division Inland

F.C.A.K 2-0 Witbank Spurs

Didnt win by as many as i thought, but a win is a win.

SAFA Cup 2nd Round

F.C.A.K 1-2 Bidvest Wits

Before the game even started i thought i'd have no chance, and i expected Bunjira to probably score, things went ok, going in at half time at 1-1, but a 75min goal made it 1-2 and we couldnt get an equalizer, fortunately, Bunjira didnt score.

First Division Inland

F.C.A.K 1-0 Winners Park

A closer game than you'd think, Winners Park had a lot of chances, and could have got one back, but luckily, they didnt.

And with 5 games still to play, things are looking good, but the 5 teams i still have to play, are fairy decent, and the games could go either way really.

League Table

Looks like a close fight for promotion, at least you're in with a chance. I've not managed in South Africa for a few years, it will be interesting to follow this :thup: You've got a good variety of leagues loaded as well, it should be a fun career.

cheers for the replies, and the last few games are going to be vital.

Dynamos 1-2 F.C.A.K

A good win against a team i really need to be beating, came back from 1-0 aswell.

Black Leopards 0-2 F.C.A.K

Thlageng scored both goals, in a fairly easy win.

F.C.A.K 1-1 Tuks

Game didnt start well with an early goal by Tuks, but a 65th minute goal got us a point.

only 2 games to go, and its getting closer.

League Table

next 2 games are vital, specially as they are against the top team, and the 4th team. and as you can see, i dont do that well against them.

vs Jomo Cosmos

vs MP Black Aces

Jomo Cosmos 2-0 F.C.A.K

I really needed to get a win against these, but i really couldnt see it happening, after my fluke win against them last time. even a draw would be good enough. Game started ok, had a few chances, but Jomo took the lead just before half time. We then conceded another just after half time. So i changed to a more attacking formation, but it wasnt enough, and we lost, meaning Jomo Cosmos won the league.

So looking at the table now, i have to beat MP Black Aces, and hope that Dynamos lose to the relegated side Winners Park. No chance.

Looks like its another season in this league.

F.C.A.K 1-1 MP Black Aces

This game was a must win, but still i needed Winners Park to be lucky and somehow get a win against Dynamos. The game started ok, for MP Black Aces, who then took the lead around 35mins. I noticed at half time that Winners Park were drawing with Dynamos, but its no good when i was losing. We did pull one back, but it just wasnt enough, and we missed out on the play-offs for promotion.

Season Review later on today

F.C.A.K Season 2008/09 and a look at 2009/10

At the start of the season, i didnt really expect it to go too well, but as it went on, i was thinking i could even get promoted.

Ive enjoyed a new league aswell, its pretty fun, and as you can see, it can get really close towards the end.

There was one thing i noticed after the league had finished, its a little confusing, but its to do with promotion and relegation.

Dynamos who finished 2nd in Inland played Golden Arrows who finished 15th in the top league, while 1st and 2nd from Coastal played each other, and the two winner played in a final to get promoted, and Jomo Cosmos who finished first got automatic promotion, was a bit different to how i thought.

Anyway after the season had ended i got two free players, and a player from Kaizer Chiefs on loan

Wayne Matle - on loan from Kaizer Chiefs

Ivan Winstanley - free

Freddie Mnyatheli - free

I want to bring in another keeper before the league starts again aswell. Maybe another player, we'll see.

New Youth Players

nobody worth noting to be honest, all pretty bad, but apparently this guy was the best of them - James Tsotetsi

Squad

Final Table

Finances

Transfers 2

Elsewhere:

South Africa -1,2

England - 1,2,3

Brazil - 1,2

Hong Kong - no season summary

Australia - 1

Mexico - no season summary

Champions League

Uefa Cup

Season   Club      Division                             Pos  Other
2008/09  F.C.A.K.  South African 1st Division Inland    3rd  none

if anyone wants any other screenshots or anything, just ask

Pre-Season 2009/10

F.C.A.K 2-3 AmaZulu

first friendly of this season, and its against Premier League side AmaZulu, game was going ok, AmaZulu having the better chances, but it was new boy Wayne Matle who scored first, just before half time, they got one back in the second half with about 10minutes to go, but we struck back straight away, then they decided to go and score again, and again, to get a win.

The bad news was after the game, when i was told my keeper will be out for around 3 months with a hip injury. I really need to bring in a keeper or two now.

F.C.A.K 2-7 FS Allstars

another premier league side, i think all my friendlies are, i actually put my assistant in charge of this game, because i went to eat, i probably shouldnt have though after seeing the score.

F.C.A.K 2-1 Thanda Royal Zulu

i beat these last year in a friendly, but didnt expect the same, and we went behind on 26mins. We scored around 65mins, but i didnt think we'd get the win, with a late goal from a reserve striker.

i went looking for a keeper after this and found a keeper from Luso Africa for free, and seems quite good.

F.C.A.K 3-0 Bay Utd

An unexpected win, and a good performance all round, and a hat trick from Gwekwerere.

F.C.A.K have complete the signing of goalkeeper Vusumzi Yashe from Luso Africa on a free transfer.
F.C.A.K 1-4 Bloem Celtic

my new keepers first game, and a game against my parent club. we only had one shot in the first half, Bloem Celtic had 14, my new keeper doing well so far, as i type that, we concede two in 10minutes. overall this game was pretty poor.

South African First Division Inland promotion odds from Sky Bet:

F.C.A.K - 3.50

F.C.A.K 0-3 Swallows

absolute rubbish, we didnt even have a shot, if im planning to get promoted, i really need to improve my team.

F.C.A.K 1-2 Bidvest Wits

other than losing and having my former player score both, everything was good.

Thabang Rooi signs for F.C.A.K for £3k from Black Leopards
F.C.A.K have signed Zain Zuurvogel on a free transfer.
South African First Division Cup First Round Draw

F.C.A.K vs FC Cape Town

Good stuff. :thup:

Funny how the south african playoffs work.

Would you mind posting screenshots of last seasons top scorer/most assists/best avg. rating?

i dont think i can get them :( as the new season has started, i will remember for next time

First Division Cup 1st Round

F.C.A.K 2-1 FC Cape Town

Through to the next round, had a little scare towards the end when it was 2-1, but we held on.

Season tickets for this season - 150

First Division Cup Quarter Final Draw

F.C.A.K vs Witbank Spurs

F.C.A.K have snapped up midfielder Tekano Ledimo on a free transfer.

F.C.A.K have signed Papi Mngomezulu from Jomo Cosmos for £3k.

Evans Gwekwerere has agreed a deal with Platinum Stars. £20k.

First Division Inland

F.C.A.K 1-1 Maritzburg Utd

first game in the league against recently relegated Maritzburg Utd, first half was close and either team could have gone off in the lead, but it was Maritzburg who got a late goal. New boy Mngomezulu got himself a goal with about 15minutes to go to get us a draw.

i feel i made a mistake signing Zain Zuurvogel, but he was free anyway. So i decided to have a look around the premier league sides reserves, and see if i could get any good strikers on loan, now that Gwekwerere has left aswell.

Dumisani Masilela has joined F.C.A.K on loan until the end of the season.

31 year old Theo Hempe has signed for F.C.A.K from Hellenic for £300 - i plan to retrain him as a striker

i decided to sort my squad out a bit, mainly by moving some players to the reserves, and releasing quite a few players, and i sold a few aswell.

First Division Cup Quarter Finals

F.C.A.K 4-1 Witbank Spurs

Got knocked out in this round last year, hopefully not again. New boy Masilela had a chance to impress after Thlageng got injured after 7minutes. We scored twice before half-time with Jele and Ntsume getting themselves goals, and then just after half time Masilela got a goal on his debut. Witbank did get a goal back but it wasnt enough, and we went through to the Semis.

Semi Final Draw

F.C.A.K vs Maritzburg Utd

Hopefully i can do better than when i recently played them.

First Division Inland

Tuks 1-0 FCAK

Im not a fan of playing away, and you can see why, i never really seem to win. and win i didn't.

The FCAK vs Witbank Spurs First Division Inland match on Wednesday 16th September 2009 has been chosen by the FCAK board as a fan day in order to promote the team and attract new fans to the club.

Local residents can apply for free tickets to attend the match.

Free tickets, i expect the stadium to be full.

First Division Cup Semi Final

FCAK 2-1 Maritzburg

Scoring 2 goals just after half time was enough to get us to the final. Maritzburg got a very late goal but it wasn't enough for them.

FCAK are through the final of the First Division Cup, and will play relegated side Golden Arrows

FCAK 1-1 Witbank Spurs (Fan Day)

Went in at half time slightly disappointed to be drawing, we had a lot more chances, and should have been in the lead. Second half was pretty boring as well, we really should have got a win.

902 fans, there was more at a Friendly match, and this game was free. shocking.

Vasco(RSA) 0-3 FCAK

We were up 2-0 by 20mins, and when Vasco had a player sent off before half time, i pretty much knew we would go on to win comfortably. 2 major injuries though, which is bad, although they aren't as bad as they seem.

FCAK 3-1 MP Black Aces

A good win, 2 goals from Wayne Matle in the first half, and another from Happy Jele.

I just noticed that Lover Mohlala is now in Favoured Personnel.

South African First Division Cup Final

FCAK 2-0 Golden Arrows

FCAK's 2nd Final in their history, hopefully i can take them to victory, to be honest, its a final, and im happy either way. The game couldn't have started any better, a 3rd minute goal from Happy Jele, but after that Golden Arrows seem to be having a lot more chances, but my keeper is doing well, then we score another goal on 30mins, and its Masilela.

So at Half-time things couldn't be any better, brilliant stuff, we just need to keep it like this.

Second half starts well, as we have a number of chances, but Golden Arrows are still looking for 2 more goals, i made a few subs as players conditions were pretty low, and Golden Arrows are still trying to get a goal, we had a couple of chances towards the end, but no more goals, luckily it was enough to win.

Quite surprised my keeper didn't get man of the match

Match Stats

FCAK WIN THE FIRST DIVISION CUP

Black Leopards 4-0 FCAK

Another away game, which i never seem to do well in, losing 2-0 at half time, but we had a number of chances just before, we just couldnt get into the game, and conceded another 2, rubbish.

Golden Arrows 1-0 FCAK

I beat them in the cup final, but i didnt think i'd get anything against them in the league, we had no chance in the first half, but Golden Arrows did miss a penalty. the goal i was expecting to concede, came just after half time, we had been doing quite well in the second half, then we got a penalty, great i though, but Mohlala missed the chance to equalize, and we went on to lose.

Maritzburg Utd 4-1 FCAK

Another away game, great, conceded early on, then got a red card before half time, couldnt have gotten any worse to be honest. second half started and we conceded almost immediately, this is going to end badly. We got a goal back, but we had no chance of getting anything from this.

FCAK 1-2 Tuks

finally a home game again, first half was very boring, hardly anything happening. things are just getting worse and worse i think.

Witbank Spurs 1-1 FCAK

what has happened to FCAK, cant seem to get a win anymore.

FCAK 2-1 Vasco(RSA)

A game i thought i could actually win, and we actually did win, but it was pretty close.

MP Black Aces 0-0 FCAK

i went all out attack in this game, and it didnt really work.

FCAK 1-1 Black Leopards

an unexpected draw, but we are still not playing well enough.

FCAK 0-1 Golden Arrows

Golden Arrows again, and another loss.

Half way through the season, and the only good point is the Cup win, but other than that, nothing is going right for me.

Im actually thinking about leaving at the end of this season, but ill see what happens.

im also planning to stop the text under the game, and maybe just mention my teams scorers or just leave it blank.

First Divison Inland

FCAK 1-3 Maritzburg Utd

Winstaley '32

Tuks 4-3 FCAK

Masilela '24 '65 '82

FCAK 1-1 Witbank Spurs

Jele '80

Vasco (RSA) 0-3 FCAK

Ntsume '28, Jele '45+1, Masilela pen '63

FCAK 2-0 MP Black Aces

Matle '15, Mnyatheli '80

Black Leopards 2-2 FCAK

Masilela '56 '59

Golden Arrows 1-0 FCAK

Maritzburg Utd 1-2 FCAK

Mngomezulu o.g '16, Masilela '42

SAFA Cup First Round

African Warriors 0-3 FCAK

Masilela '19, Matle '37, Vilakazi o.g '53

Second Round

FCAK 0-2 Orlando Pirates

5 games to go and i cant get promoted, looks like i might be leaving at the end of the season.

FCAK Season 2009/10

Last 6 Games

Witbank Spurs 1-0 FCAK

FCAK 3-0 Vasco(RSA)

Masilela '17, Ramolesa '29, Jamile '42

FCAK 1-2 Tuks

Manthata o.g '64, Mgaga (red card '11)

MP Black Aces 2-1 FCAK

Hempe '23

FCAK 1-3 Black Leopards

Masilela '3

FCAK 2-2 Golden Arrows

Jele '28 '37

I went into the season believing i could possibly gain promotion, at least via the crazy play-off. But after a while and not many wins, i knew i had no chance at all, only good thing about my season was the First Division Cup Win.

I keep getting linked to a lot of League 2 clubs from England now, but i really don't want to go there yet, England is my home nation, and last destination, i have been looking elsewhere for new jobs though, but i think its going to be hard, as hardly any i declare interest in will give me a chance.

I Applied for Happy Valley of Hong Kong, but they haven't chosen a manager, and its been about 2 months now, so im not sure what'll happen there.

I got offered a new contract as well, which i have rejected.

Squad

League Table

Finances

Transfers

Player Stats

Elsewhere

Australia - 1

Brazil -1 2 3 4

England - 1 2 3

Hong Kong - 1 (last season)

Mexico - 1 2 (last season)

South Africa - 1 2

World Cup - stats

Europa League

Champions League

Club World Cup

Super Cup

i think from next season, i wont update as much as i am now, maybe half way through the season, then at the end, and not posting every result.

2009/10  F.C.A.K.  South African 1st Division Inland    6th  First Division Cup Winner

im thinking of resigning, and going on holiday til i get offered a job, but im not sure yet, anyone think i should?

I think you should, since you're thinking about it. From personal experience with my career game, I was thinking about moving to another club to the point where I wasn't concentrating on the tasks at hand with my current club and decided to resign.

But you haven't achieved much though. It would be challenging to find another job outside South Africa.

I would say stay on for another year, and aim for promotion.

I think you should, since you're thinking about it. From personal experience with my career game, I was thinking about moving to another club to the point where I wasn't concentrating on the tasks at hand with my current club and decided to resign.

But you haven't achieved much though. It would be challenging to find another job outside South Africa.

I would say stay on for another year, and aim for promotion.

yeah, but whenever ive declared interest, even in the worst of teams, they just laugh off interest, staying for another season might be right, bring in some better players, and try for promotion.

after a little thinking, i decided i might aswell stay, give it another shot.

John Saitjheni Tsotetsi joins FCAK on loan from parent club Bloem Celtic.

New Youth

AM LC Steve Marumo - probably the best of the lot

ST Ernest Thwala

DC Meshack Langa

ST Chad Mashengo

DC Emmanuel Ngobeni

ST Lebohang Zungu

DL Emile Botha

GK Martin Mabena

Season 20010/11 - F.C.A.K. - Midway

things started fairly well for me this season, but just after the midway point, things are looking bad haha, this league changes so much.

brought in a few new players to help me, and they've been fairly good, only problem im having at the minute, is quite a few injuries to major players.

Players brought in:

Fanyana Dhladhla - loan

Irvin Mhlambi - loan

Gift Zungu

Thela Ngobeni - loan

i also brought in Wayne Matle, who was on loan last season.

League Table

i most likely will be leaving at the end of this season, possibly looking at going to Hong Kong or Australia

After a few more games, i felt it was best i resign while i still can and started looking elsewhere.

Beams resigns from F.C.A.K.

2009/10  F.C.A.K.  South African 1st Division Inland    6th  First Division Cup Winner
20010/11 F.C.A.K.  South African 1st Division Inland    n/a  resigned

not long after resigning, i declared interest in Hong Kong club Eastern, they offered me the job, but i decided to delay to see if anything else would come up, they agreed to delay, but half way through the week appointed another manager :(

Right, i didnt want to take a national job yet, but ive been offered the New Caledonia job, they arent exactly amazing, so i dont think i'd mind managing them really, anyone think i should go? or leave it and wait for a team job?

looking at the players, they are extremely bad.

i think you should go, just for the hell of it really. I was at Vanuatu once, and still got a job with Kobenhaven and was on Semi!

so you never know... its better than just waiting for ages for nothing!

then again, it depends on whether you can be assed or not, New Caledonia arent likely to get any better and will lose most of their matches, it could end up being a total waste of time

Archived