And the Champions League final...

Yeah. Tell me about it. I've played the final at some tiny stadium in Ireland: 12,000 people. That was a lame atmosphere!

Shouldn't 802 have corrected this issue? Maybe it's not save-game compatible?

Originally posted by Neyles:

Yeah. Tell me about it. I've played the final at some tiny stadium in Ireland: 12,000 people. That was a lame atmosphere!

8.0.2 fixed this issue, but you will need to start a new game in order for it to be normal again. Games started before the 8.0.2 patch will still have it.

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

8.0.2 fixed this issue, but you will need to start a new game in order for it to be normal again. Games started before the 8.0.2 patch will still have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know! I've never actually been in a Champions league final but I'll look out for it next time.

Originally posted by MSCCG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

8.0.2 fixed this issue, but you will need to start a new game in order for it to be normal again. Games started before the 8.0.2 patch will still have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know! I've never actually been in a Champions league final but I'll look out for it next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you dont have to be in the champions league final to watch it or check the stadium or the attendance

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

To what extent is it fixed? Because while it's unlikely that the Champions League final will ever get played in Northern Ireland, surely if I were to do as I've done on previous versions and repeatedly win the Champions League with Linfield, build up a big stadium, etc, then the stadium would enter consideration?

• 2 months later...
I just played the Champions League final at Ibrox. Ridiculous. You have Celtic Park and Hampden, which are much bigger, but the final goes to Ibrox! I really hope this gets fixed.

Unfortunately Celtic Park still doesn't have a UEFA 5 star rating so that means it can't host a CL Final, whereas Ibrox does have the 5 star rating (I know it's dodgy, as a follower of Celtic it annoys me, especially considering Parkhead is 10,000 seats larger and is quite clearly a better stadium). Realistically they would probably choose Hampden Park like they did for the 2002 final between Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen but it is feasible for Ibrox to host a CL Final due to its 5 star stadium rating so technically in this case it isn't a bug.

Unfortunately Celtic Park still doesn't have a UEFA 5 star rating so that means it can't host a CL Final, whereas Ibrox does have the 5 star rating (I know it's dodgy, as a follower of Celtic it annoys me, especially considering Parkhead is 10,000 seats larger and is quite clearly a better stadium). Realistically they would probably choose Hampden Park like they did for the 2002 final between Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen but it is feasible for Ibrox to host a CL Final due to its 5 star stadium rating so technically in this case it isn't a bug.

Technically, maybe not. But would UEFA ever really choose Ibrox? Well, maybe, if it was expanded to have the kind of capacity stadiums need for the final. It's just unrealistic.

Technically, maybe not. But would UEFA ever really choose Ibrox? Well, maybe, if it was expanded to have the kind of capacity stadiums need for the final. It's just unrealistic.

Well they have given the stadium the highest ranking on their scale so it would be possible although unlikely. There's no definitive minimum capacity for the final's location although you're right in saying that they like to have it in the bigger stadiums to make more money from tickets and to help make it more of a spectacle.

Archived