Two small suggestions (player named)

First, I was taking a look at a young player called Featherstone from Hull City, who was listed as a MC / S.

Now his stats (appearances etc, were OK) but then I saw that he had racked up a quite a few yellow cards. The point I'm trying to make is that the two positions are quite different, but my interest was in playing him as a striker and not in midfield. Now, I'm guessing that a player who gets that many yellow cards has been playing as in midfield, so it would be good if in such cases it would be possible to see (without trawling through each individual match played) in which of the two positions he played his matches. If he was listed as MRC then it wouldn't be so important, but as already said there is a fundamental difference between MC and S.

Second, towards the end of the third season, I was looking for three (young) players for specific positions, i.e. AMR and AML. I got the message that clubs had issued their retained lists and duly started looking through the lists of players they had released on their transfer history. The problem is that only the names of the players are listed and not the positions which meant that I had to click on every player to see which position they played (and this times shedloads of clubs). It would be a lot easier if it were possible to collate this info more easily, maybe through a search filter, or a separate list of all released players circulated to all clubs.

If by chance it is already possible to do either or both of these, then I'd be grateful for a pointer in the right direction and apologise for being a bit dense :-)

On a further note, I recently returned to playing FM after a lengthy (forced) absence and was pleasantly surprised that the game is still very enjoyable.

you can check to see what position he has played in, click on the player and then click positions and it will say where he has played

That only tells me which positions he can play, but it doesn't tell me how many of his 20 odd appearances he played in midfield and how many up front.

Erm, I'm pretty sure it does.

No, it only seems to be for first team matches. The player /i now have on loan) has played six matches for me, 4 friendlies and 2 league matches. Only the league matches appear on the positions screen. Have also just had a look at a few players who have yet to play for the first team and their reserve appearances do not appear on the screen.

No, it only seems to be for first team matches. The player /i now have on loan) has played six matches for me, 4 friendlies and 2 league matches. Only the league matches appear on the positions screen. Have also just had a look at a few players who have yet to play for the first team and their reserve appearances do not appear on the screen.

There's a select box in the topright screen there that lets you switch the view between different squads he's played in, and this'll bring you to the relevant place I think.

Pardon me?

Scunderd, where we come from, (i'm from NI as well) means "embarrassed" or more accurately "Embarrassed for you".

In fact GreenWhiteArmy is most probably from Belfast, as in the countryside in NI the word "Scunderd" means "tired" or "bushed".

Anyway... regional language lesson over.

Archived