When you start

Just wondering ...

When you start a new game for example with arsenal do you change your formation to what best suits your players or do you just have a formation that you want to use with any team ?

I have been playing with newcastle for a long time and played a 4-4-2

I am trying to start a new game with arsenal and going to have to change because they have not wingers really so it will be a 4-2-3-1

And I will eventully bring in some wingers and make the formation a 4-4-2

What about you ?

I'm Arsenal quite a lot and often find that formations with or without wingers work great with them even if they only have one winger in Walcott.

The trick is to give the wingers a free role and cross ball rarely which makes them cut inside more and play more centrally. This works wonders with Arshavin, he gets a lot of assists and Nasri as well. Walcott from the left is also very effective.

There's a lot of creative players so you can quite easily play a non-traditional 4-4-2 that uses a lot of creativity.

Hmmm, my thoughts are wha are you trying to acheive, are you going to make your own impressions/Impact on the team especially managing a team like Arsenal. The 'Famous' clubs are famous in many ways such as Barcelona being a 4-3-3 formation, Wengers style is now that Arsenal play the walk into the net styel etc, etc.

So are you going to break the mold and make a Arsenal famous for your tactical style of play, or are you going to continue with Wenger style. Just my thoughts.

Hmmm, my thoughts are wha are you trying to acheive, are you going to make your own impressions/Impact on the team especially managing a team like Arsenal. The 'Famous' clubs are famous in many ways such as Barcelona being a 4-3-3 formation, Wengers style is now that Arsenal play the walk into the net styel etc, etc.

So are you going to break the mold and make a Arsenal famous for your tactical style of play, or are you going to continue with Wenger style. Just my thoughts.

When playing Arsenal I always try to play in a similar way to how they play in real life. High creative freedom, short passing etc.. Possesion football.

But once you have taken over at arsenal and you decide you want to carry on their possesion football .

Will you contiune to buy the same type of players.

Like will you buy a AMC who can play on the wing and do that or will you actually try and buy wingers ?

4-2-3-1 with Arsenal works well. Buy an attacking midfielder or a centre midfielder and play:

Almunia

Sagna -toure - gallas - clichy

fabregas - nasri/new signing

walcott - arshavin - nasri/vela/new signing

adebayor..

Worked a treat for me.

Archived