the difference of playing with a strong computer.

i just got a new computer a few days ago(phenom 2 3x 710-3 cores), and radeon PALIT HD4870 and let me tell you, its just a diffrenet gaming experience that its unbelievble.

im used to a very poor 4 years ago computer untill now, that got me very angry while playing a very slow fm(fast in 1 season and then very slow), but now i can minimize the windows and surf the net for hours and come back to it with the same speed it was hours ago(im at 2017 now).

i just flow so good, the 3d and what not, which shows all the complainers about the game speed, that its not si fault, but your computer (:.

but not everyone can afford a new all powerful computer mate. Si make the game bigger every year which annoys people as there are loyal fans that get a game which playes slower every new release. so it's not there fault they got a slower computer Si should take this into consideration to.

you are right, and im one of those peoples in the last 4 years untill now, but a game that will run fm 09 slow, will run about any 2008+- game very very very very slow(from experience)....

i dont think that fm 09 requirments require too much relatively.

but no one force you to play 3d, you can play for a year(in real life) without touching the 3d.

or you mean that in 09, that majorthing causing the slowness is the 3d engine? (even if you dont use it?)

maybe they should have made an option to not install the 3d components....

You can hardly expect SI to make sure it can run on computers that are several years old.

Everyone wants the game to progress, but you can't expect the game to progress and still keep the same system requirements of 5 years ago.

It was not needed in my opinion and only lead to the alienation of some of the real SI supporters.

When there wasn't any 3d this forums got regular questions about when 3d was gonna be in the game. It may not be needed for you but for many fans apparently it was needed.

There was also a lot of complaining when 2d was introduced, so 3d will be accepted eventually.

Palit is a good choice. I had a problem with my Palit graphics card not too long ago (everyone produces a slightly defective product every now and then) they replied to my e-mail with 3 different solutions within 15 minutes.

You should've waited a couple of months for AMD's 800 series chipset. Supposed to be a big improvement on the 700 series, plus by then DDR 3 prices should drop a little. I was going to buy a new PC 2 days ago but decided against it because of this. I can get a much better PC that'll last longer for the price I would have had to pay.

How much did you spend on your new toy?

You can hardly expect SI to make sure it can run on computers that are several years old.

Everyone wants the game to progress, but you can't expect the game to progress and still keep the same system requirements of 5 years ago.

When there wasn't any 3d this forums got regular questions about when 3d was gonna be in the game. It may not be needed for you but for many fans apparently it was needed.

There was also a lot of complaining when 2d was introduced, so 3d will be accepted eventually.

Got it in one.

Its a good job companies dont make things based on what people can afford or we'd all still be watching tv in black and white. :)

Palit is a good choice. I had a problem with my Palit graphics card not too long ago (everyone produces a slightly defective product every now and then) they replied to my e-mail with 3 different solutions within 15 minutes.

You should've waited a couple of months for AMD's 800 series chipset. Supposed to be a big improvement on the 700 series, plus by then DDR 3 prices should drop a little. I was going to buy a new PC 2 days ago but decided against it because of this. I can get a much better PC that'll last longer for the price I would have had to pay.

How much did you spend on your new toy?

roughly 3400 nis which is

850 usd..... well i live in israel and i guess you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

no screen

AMD PHENOM II X3 TRIPLE CORE 710 (2.6GHz) - BOX ₪671

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 ₪432

PALIT HD4870 SONIC 512MB GDDR5 - RETAIL ₪779

G.SKILL 4096MB (2048MBX2) DDR2 800 CL5-5-5-15 - F2-6400CL5S-4GBNT ₪264

this is some of the things i got and the prices are nis, which 1 usd=4 nis.

Got it in one.

Its a good job companies dont make things based on what people can afford or we'd all still be watching tv in black and white. :)

noone makes a product its target market cant afford. IN SI's case they have made a compromise between alienating their core (People who grew up playing the nes/snes/megadrive) and attracting new customers (people who were born with an Xbox to play with).

btw i heared about people here and elsewhere buying new computers expecially for fm (:.

i never heard of this about another game(although again fm requirments are fairly low relatively)

noone makes a product its target market cant afford. IN SI's case they have made a compromise between alienating their core (People who grew up playing the nes/snes/megadrive) and attracting new customers (people who were born with an Xbox to play with).

I grew up with the Mega Drive (and to an extent the N64) but I'm not alienated.

I don't think their target market for the PC version is console gamers anyway :p

You don't need a POWERFUL computer to play FM09 at a very good speed, you just need one that isn't absolutely jurassic. I recently bought a fairly low-end computer at £400 (might be slightly more expensive elsewhere), and it whizzes along very nicely. No probs with the very basic 3D or the processing.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400

ATI 4650

3 GB RAM

Whatever HD, MoBo etc.

That's all.

SI have to evolve with the market they can't afford to rely on the "core" who'll end up being too old to play a game.

Talt: That's a shame. You can get a much better PC than that for the money you spent online. I have the same problem you have they don't have any good hardware for reasonable prices here. I'm going to have to buy all the parts in the US on my next business trip. Maybe get my little brother, who's in college, to buy them and bring them over when he's home for winter break.

At the moment my PC isn't up to 3D. I tried changing bits (not for FM,for Empire;TW) but that sall i can afford. For that reason i propbably won't get FM10, but will stick with 08, the last game which runs smoothly on my machine.

maybe you can solve some of the problems with small tweaks like more memory, or a 100 dollar cpu(which will probabely be better than what you have now and wil be dual core)

i just got a new computer a few days ago(phenom 2 3x 710-3 cores), and radeon PALIT HD4870 and let me tell you, its just a diffrenet gaming experience that its unbelievble.

im used to a very poor 4 years ago computer untill now, that got me very angry while playing a very slow fm(fast in 1 season and then very slow), but now i can minimize the windows and surf the net for hours and come back to it with the same speed it was hours ago(im at 2017 now).

i just flow so good, the 3d and what not, which shows all the complainers about the game speed, that its not si fault, but your computer (:.

but not everyone can afford a new all powerful computer mate. Si make the game bigger every year which annoys people as there are loyal fans that get a game which playes slower every new release. so it's not there fault they got a slower computer Si should take this into consideration to.

The problem is aren't they both right ;)

got a new machine myself yesterday. decided to start a game (as an experiment, more than anything) loading ALL leagues.

it pretty much flies :o

nonsense. No current computer or one built in the next ten years will be able to make FM09 with all leagues loaded to run fast. Its just not possible. Just put it in holiday mode for a year and count the amount of time it takes to complete. This is the amount of time you are not playing the game but instead just waiting for a response. Im sure it takes more than a few minutes to complete. That is not my definition of flying.

Lets face it. The game is slow. Just imagine actually processing all leagues properly (in full detail). Im amazed that SI manages to make the game slower every year without adding any noteworthy feature that should have any real impact on processing speed. Instead of wasting time on useless "features" they should install a profiler and fix those portions of their code that are totally unoptimized. Its not easy to do and you usually need a very good programmer to do it (since us average programmers arent very good at making things go fast), but im sure customers would be more impressed by a large speed increase than another women managers type of feature.

I don't think the game runs slow, unless you run a ridiculous amount of leagues or expect a one year old game to run well on a ten year old computer. I can enjoy the game in 3D on my three year old laptop, run about 8 leagues in full detail, with no hiccups and loading times that, at worst, reach 30 seconds. Expecting a PC created for Windows 98 to handle a game programmed in the age of Vista is nonsense.

I hope that SI improves further the 3D for the next release, as it was an important step for the game.

And the only way TopToffee could fly through all leagues would be with a 64bit operating system, loads of RAM, and 4+ cores...does FM09 even run on 64bit?

And the only way TopToffee could fly through all leagues would be with a 64bit operating system, loads of RAM, and 4+ cores...does FM09 even run on 64bit?

Of course it works just fine on a 64bit OS. Quad core and lots of ram (you dont really need that much ram to load all leagues) is not enough to make it fly with all leagues. Its very slow with 10 leagues loaded as it is.

The main bottleneck is the CPU. They need to lower their minimum playable configuration from an overclocked high end quad core computer to something like a 2.0 ghz single core. NOt everyone is as patient as some people on this forum.

The RAM would permit you to keep more players, etc. in memory though, right? But yeah, for running a ton of leagues, it's down to the processor. But that's just how it is. If you think about it, calculating a league accurately will take a lot of processing power. Add to the fact that, for example, during a busy transfer window your game may be calculating the actions of hundreds of teams, even in just a couple leagues, and all of this is done in seconds or maybe a minute or two. I personally think that, while some code could be optimized, people are expecting too much detail and accuracy with too little power.

Archived