Only one footed

If you train a player for a position on a particular side of the field (ie, RB/LB, RWB/LWB, RM/LM, RAM/LAM), he will slowly become more proficient on that foot. It's no guarantee of success, but more adaptable players will slowly become more talented with their weaker foot.

I think there should be a new feature which allows us to ask players to start training on their weaker foot.

I want :thup: ++

It used to be in FM, but it was dropped a year or 2 ago. Not a good thing to do IMO, but i doubt many people used it as it was hidden away. They need to bring it back IMO and put it in the "Training" section of a player's profile :thup:

If you train a player for a position on a particular side of the field (ie, RB/LB, RWB/LWB, RM/LM, RAM/LAM), he will slowly become more proficient on that foot. It's no guarantee of success, but more adaptable players will slowly become more talented with their weaker foot.

Pure speculation. I have not seen anyone show any evidence of this.

And "footedness" is very much a fixed thing. Some players are one-footed others two-footed. It doesn't change throughout their careers and so we shouldn't be able to train it. And that's not even considering the fact that footedness interacts with CA so it'd be a mess to change in-game.

Pure speculation. I have not seen anyone show any evidence of this.

And "footedness" is very much a fixed thing. Some players are one-footed others two-footed. It doesn't change throughout their careers and so we shouldn't be able to train it. And that's not even considering the fact that footedness interacts with CA so it'd be a mess to change in-game.

No, this isn't speculation, it is true. I have retrained a player from a DR/WBR/MR/AMR to be a ML and his left foot has gone from Very Weak to reasonable. So it does exist.

IRL footballers develop their weaker foot considerably, and this is rightly replicated within the game. When i used to play, i was forced to play on the left when i was right footed. This made me improve the ability of my weaker left foot considerably.

One of my players, an either-footed striker became simply right-footed after a longer injury... quite annoying and somewhat unrealistic: why would he forget how to use his left foot because of an injury?

Did he break his left leg and couldn't use it at all for 7 months? ;)

Archived