Midweek Internationals

SO, i had 22 players away on international from arsenal, on a wednesday night.

When it comes to my league game on the saturday, i still had to play it, rather than it being called off for call ups, which i thought was the norm.

My game was against chelsea away, who, despite being full of internationals, didnt have a single player away on duty!!!!

i duly got humped 5-0, with a youth team out on the park, and i was on the back of a 16 game unbeaten run!!! i am most annoyed/amused/confused.

Is this a bug, or has anyone else experienced this?:mad:

a hell of a lot of people have experienced this, i'm guessing you got quite far in some of the cups, fixture build up can cause it to happen

Yeah, exactly right mate, was still gunning for 4 trophies, ah well, at least i know the game is ok, cheers:thup:

• 1 month later...

This problem had better be fixed I have just experienced the same thing I only have one first team player availiable for my next manager I can't even use my reserves or youth players as they are either on loan or called up to the u21's. This is absolutley ludicrous this would NEVER happen in real life so sort it out Sports Interactive I'm suprised your team of testers never picked this up especially as the game is supposed to be 'realistic'

This problem was on the last two versions if I remember or one of the previous FM, surprised still not fixed.

This has happened to me a number of times, its very annoying when you have a squad full of international players, however if it’s an international friendly then I normally would withdraw my players from the squad.

If there is no way to do that then normally will have to put out whatever side I can and go ultra defensive and try and nick a result.

I have had it before but I have never had it where on a wednesday the international game is played and the players stay on international duty till there next international the following wednesday and I have a club game inbetween both those fixtures !!

Archived