Why can't I sign this player?

Hello all,

Wonder if any of you can help me.

I have some unattached players based in England on my shortlist. When I click on them and look to make an offer, there is no 'approach to sign' option.

All of the players I am looking at are based in England and are of English nationality (I am an English club). All of them are looking for a new club and none of them appear to be retiring or anything like that. None of them are currently under contract.

In short, there appears to be no reason why I shouldn't be able to sign them.

Here is an example of one player I cannot sign: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1906/problemmaa.jpg

As you can see, this player has no option to 'approach to sign' at the bottom left of the screen. I can't even send a scout to look at him even though I have had a scout report on him very recently. There are about 10 more players on my shortlist with the same issue. Unfortunately, they are all players I would like to sign. :(

Any ideas what is going on? :?

Is this a bug or am I missing the obvious?

Would appreciate any help.

C.

In his personal tab is says he is 'looking for a new club' and 'has no immediate plans for the future'. He's only 20. Can't see any sign that he is retiring and it is happening with quite a few players.

On the transfer screen it says 'Offers: none'. There are lots of clubs interested but nobody has made an offer.

Thanks for responding though guys. :thup:

C.

He's probably agreed to play in a trialists game, in which case you can't try to sign him until afterwards.

Is that right Hershie?

Why would that be? Is that just how the game works?

How can I check to see if he is in the trialist game or do I just have to wait until the match itself?

C.

Is that right Hershie?

Why would that be? Is that just how the game works?

How can I check to see if he is in the trialist game or do I just have to wait until the match itself?

C.

I think it is right. I guess it gives the player a chance of, in theory, getting the best possible offers after anyone interested has a chance of watching them in a match.

I think you'll have to wait for the match, which is a bit annoying, but shouldn't be too far away.

Hopefully I'm right, otherwise I'm stumped. :confused:

Hershie - you're my hero! :thup:

You were totally right. I just continued on until the day of the match and now I can 'approach to sign' again. The players I couldn't sign were all appearing at the trial day. :rolleyes:

I thought there was something wrong with my game and I was about to throw a right wobbly after just trying to get into a save on 09 for the first time in ages. :D

Thanks for solving the mystery. :thup:

C.

Thank goodness for that, I was worried it was some low league thing since you were playing as St. Albans and I was thinking about starting a game up as them (since I live locally) and I thought that'd be a right pain. Thankfully, it all seems perfectly alright so I can start my St. Albans game as planned!

Yes, all is well. I knew it would be something I'd missed! :o

Good luck with The Mighty Saints BlochMcParty. You couldn't pick a better team to manage. :thup: Well, actually you could probably pick hundreds of better teams to manage but you know what I mean. :D

Thanks to everyone who responded. It was very much appreciated. :thup:

To any moderator - please feel free to close or delete this thread now my problem has been solved.

C.

Archived