tutoring

OK, so as i thought i had tried this, and when i go into the player interaction section for say, a young 17 year old striker, at the bottom, there is a section saying something like 'associated players'. There seems to be a drop down menu here, but it is greyed out, and i can't use it to link players. This is the case each time

any ideas....?

Maybe you just don't have any suitable tutors for him. Happens to me from time to time with certain players. Fairly sure it's not a bug, just the senior player not meeting the criteria for being a tutor. Also it's not necessarily about age, I suppose it's a mix of everything. With current ability in the given position the most important factor in my opinion (more like a guess really).

he is in my senior squad, so i guess that's probably the problem. Didn't know that!

i'll check again tonight

cheers

I think you should make sure he is in a youth squad first, but you can always promote him back to the senior squad (if required) while the tutoring is in progress :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with this too, i go to my 19-year-old right winger's player interaction menu, and there's no drop down menu. But for my other 17-year-old right winger, there is. Anyone know what the problem is? thanks for the help.

I'm having trouble with this too, i go to my 19-year-old right winger's player interaction menu, and there's no drop down menu. But for my other 17-year-old right winger, there is. Anyone know what the problem is? Is he too old to be tutored?

thanks, and sry for the double post.

Its nothing to do with the squad he is in.

It could be his squad status though as well as other reasons, he needs to be "backup", "hot prospect" or "youngster"

Probably worth mentioning you also need to look at the personalities of the players involved so the tutoring doesn't have a negative affect.

Its nothing to do with the squad he is in.

It could be his squad status though as well as other reasons, he needs to be "backup", "hot prospect" or "youngster"

Probably worth mentioning you also need to look at the personalities of the players involved so the tutoring doesn't have a negative affect.

Hmm, thanks for the quick reply, but I don't think that's it. My youngsters are Balotelli and Obertan. Both have squad status as Important First Team Player. But Balotelli has the drop down menu to choose a player to tutor him while Obertan doesn't. Is it the age?

Archived