4 sending Off's in the first one and a half months of the season?! What!!!

Yep, started a new game as West Ham. Four sendings off in August and early September. Two straight red and two for two cautions. Players on normal tackling and none of them dirty players. Then you get an opposition player go in with two feet and gets a mere caution!!!

Never seen as many as this before, any ideas?!

Very high tempo? Bad defensive structure causing desperate tackles by your players? There many possible causes.

Ah, I do play a very high tempo, but why would this cause an increase in bad challenges?

Interestingly I have increased my CB's CF from little to normal and things seem to have settled down, does this mean that they may be using decisions more or something like that?

High tempo means that they try to do everything quicker, which could result in a lot of rushed challenges. afaik, CF affects behaviour w/ ball only.

There's also the possibility that it's just down to random events. See if the trend continues for more than a couple of months.

not reprimanding players for red cards seems to make them think they can do it all the time and get away with it.

if your not fining them for this then start doing so! :)

afaik, what fining does is lower the aggression of said player if he accepts it.

not reprimanding players for red cards seems to make them think they can do it all the time and get away with it.

if your not fining them for this then start doing so! :)

What if he thinks the fine is harsh!!!?? I usually give a warning for the first offence.

They don't normally think the fine is harsh.

nni- I see where you are coming from, but I play at a very high tempo, with easy tackling, and I very rarely even get yellow cards.

I've never had discipline problems myself. Like I said I usually play normal tempo with normal/heavy tackling and I average 1/2 red cards a season. Could be down to his player's dirtiness/sportsmanship maybe? Or it could just be bad luck :confused:.

What if he thinks the fine is harsh!!!?? I usually give a warning for the first offence.

If he gets a straight red anything less that a week's wages is to light. If it's an unprofessional foul then 2 weeks for sure. If he thinks it's harsh he can think twice about doing it next time. :D

Very unusual indeed. But not having seen this to happen to anyone before, I assume this is just the one very rare case where this very unusual series of red cards occurred.

Probably nothing is wrong at all. Most likely it won't happen to you again. Just take it as the odd chance event it was.

Archived