Bored bored bored

Look i didnt play FM for 4 months and i get this desire to play.

So i download some skins,FP , i started with my favourite club (Real Madrid) didnt bought any player and started playing.

Now is 2012/2013 season and i still have my inspiration.

You could take City and buy as many good players you want and that should bore you but than take some small club and enjoy :D

PS: I now this doesnt have sense but what can i do :D

Editors Forum

Browse for some made up databases. I have found and played and enjoyed both:

Players from 99/00 season - still starts in 2008 with all the hard-coded league rules, but a great game, finding the 14 year-old Christiano, the 15 year-old Rooney, 18 year-old Kaka... gonna be unbeatable in a few years.

Legends database - same hard-coding issues as above but with Pele aged 17, Bobby Charlton aged 15, Best aged 17, Bremner in his prime, Vieri at his best, Ian Rush, Keegan, Gazza, Beckham, Giggs, Cantona, and a whole host of other amazing players from all over the world, all at the most interesting stages of their careers.

Both well worth a look. I prefer the first one, frankly. It's taking a while for Kaka to develop, but he was a snip for my Leeds side.

I think you can play something different. For example, lower leagues, countries across the Atlantic/ on the other side of the Earth, or, ultimatey, upside-down the whole division structure of England and see what will happen.

However, it is really normal that your passion for the game never return unless some big changes are to be made to it.

Try and grow a club from the bottom league in a country into the top team in the country. I'm currently in Finland and have done that. I've also had games like this in Argentina, Norway and Russia in recent FM's.

To say you wont manage a club that is not in europe is your main problem my friend! I couldnt think of anything worse than starting a career with a big club. Go as low down the leagues as you can bare and trust me it'll open up a whole new game to you.

Counting every penny, desperately trying to sign youngsters on loan, cup runs providing more money than you could generate in about five seasons, signing ageing stars for one last hoorah...the list goes on, it all makes for great stuff!

I actually find myself yearning for the days of the lower leagues once I've made it to the top league... maybe its just me?

Archived