Director Of Football

I think DoF, directors and any 'suits' other than chairman are purely cosmetic in FM. I don't know how much money the Arabs sunk into County but I used FMRTE to give them a cash/transfer budget/wage budget injection. Upping the rep a bit would be a possible ploy too.

I don't think it makes any difference. For a laugh once I put Arsene Wenger as DOF at Man U with Fergie as manager and Jose Mourinho as his assistant and it didn't really make a difference to how United performed. Although Mourinho's feedback as assistant was very good.

It probably shouldn't either. Having a high-profile DOF won't attract players, but it MAY mean more interference from the bosses - IRL and the game.

But Notts County, I imagine, have the potential to be the Man City of L2 - a £5million budget wouldn't be unreasonable, but attracting the very best players will be difficult.

huzzah the pies

As sven doesn't have much knowledge of low-level football, either the players or tactical considerations im not sure how much benefit he will provide just yet ..

as sciag said, it seems SI havent really done very much development on this area

"Having a high-profile DOF won't attract players" - You mean League 2 players won't be attracted to work under Sven? :s

We're talking about FM here, not real life. In FM, Directors of Football are not recognised by anyone in the game, meaning having Sven as DoF in FM won't make any difference.

The Director of Football role definitely needs to be address somewhere along the line in FM because it represents the difference in structure to most other countries outside of the UK where the manager is purely the coach who selects the team and tactics.

I have been wondering how they'll put Sven's job into the game next year, it sounds very much like a European style set-up, which never works in England

Reading have a director of football. Worked really well for the last few years. Frank Arnesen did ok at Spurs as DoF too. It can work, its more down to who the DoF is and who the Manager is.

Archived