Your best FM08 success?

Winning the Euro Super cup when all but 3 of my first team were away for international matchups. All of my good reserves had been injured or loaned out, so I had to bring up a bunch of 18 year olds who I hadn't been able to loan to anyone and my u18's. We won 1-0 and my young GK stopped a penalty in the second half. I've had to stop complaining when my opponents score with only 1 or 2 shots on target during a game, because my team finally did it too.

on FM08 I bankrupt reading - but I am righting that wrong by guiding them back to the premiership now, although when I took over mid-december they were just relegated from the premiership and precariously close to the drop zone of the championship and I turned it round and only finished a few points off auto-places.

When I left them I went to Tottenham and did a treble in the first season, Premiership, Europe and one of the domestic cups (few seasons ago and the game isn't open to check which).

Left for Man Utd and it didn't work too well so I've wound up back at Reading to get them promoted to the premiership.

Not really stuck with any club long enough to achieve any major success, I do a little bit and then move on to another team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM_LEGEND:

Mines would be winning every single competition with celtic, with honestly a fairly average squad! icon_biggrin.gif

http://i31.tinypic.com/s4am49.jpg

With this decent team!

http://i27.tinypic.com/54vcep.jpg

Lets hear yours! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine would be similar to this except I also won Super Cup and World Club Championship. Also had an entirely scottish squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

I won the quadruple after 14 seasons as Arsenal.

It should never have taken that long, but never mind! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i won every single competition with my arsenal team! (think it was 5/6 trophies!)

Ive posted the screenshot on here somewhere...

My celtic success has topped that, because i am a celtic fan it meant more! icon_biggrin.gif

My best success in FM08 is probably what I'm doing now with Rynninge - consistently finishing above mid-table, whilst being pretty deep in a financial hole... which is actually another bit to my success, because that hole is slowly being filled in. Very slow success, but it's fun. icon14.gif

Having an undefeated streak against Man Utd and Chelsea as Man City, winning the league twice in the first two seasons. Only Arsenal are ruining everything, they always seem to annoy me at the wrong times!!!! Such as finals. Beat them 5-0 at home to all but secure title number 2!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sparkler17:

I just beat Arsenal 3-0 as Tottenham. What makes this extra sweet is that they were on a 10 game unbeaten streak. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets not beat about the bush the skum cud neva do tht, spurs always will always have been the london white sh*t

Guest Frank the Tank

Started out at Marseille, finished runner up behind Lyon and got beaten in French Cup final. Won the league and league cup in 2nd season and finished runner up in French Cup again. Got offered the Arsenal job at the end of October in my 3rd season while I was top of the league. Took over Arsenal and finished 2nd in the league. Won the Carling Cup in my 2nd season and was beaten in CL final by Chelsea, finished 4th in the league. Just started my 3rd season and Im unbeaten after 5 games in the league. I've built a great squad so Im hoping to win the league and CL this season.

Well I brought Dag And Red up from conference to championship i was in mid table when Lyon offered me job stayed with them but league was to easy so i left after 2 years to relegated west ham brought them up and in my third season as them i won the fa cup and made euro cup with great young squad

would have to be my two current games.

Darlington, took them from league 2 to top of championship with 12 games to go spending only 80k.

or

Sunderland, currently 8th third season but too them to semis of uefa cup after finishing 6th the season previous. Used last seasons success to sign saviet and lulinha so future looks bright

Arrived at Roma in February, 14th in the table, went to the end of the season winning all but 2 games to clinch the Serie A and Champions League. The amount of cash I got as a transfer budget the following season was about £85million, however, my game save corrupted

Haven't play FM since lol. God job with exams coming.

Ive edited my local team Matlock Town into the Blue Square north League and got them promoted to League One in about ten seasons. Reached the FA Trophy but lost 4-0 and got the the FA Cup 4th Round and lost 2-0 but beat Tottenham 2-1 in the 3rd Round

I've repeated this game over and over and gotten more successful every time:

Leeds on 8.0.2:

The team starts off with -15 points going in to first season. I win League One with a good margin. 1-2 losses, 4-5 draws and the rest wins.

I lose a few top players after the season but get paid enough to get in some serious quality. The squad going in to the Championship is rock solid, and without the -15 I had first season I rip the competition apart and finish some 10 points ahead of 2nd place.

I get tons of money starting my first season in Premier League. I have never WON Premier League at first attempt, but a few 3rd and 4th places. That's not bad for a team that was tipped to merely avoid relegation from League One two seasons earlier.

Sorry for bragging. You should pity me for wasting so much time.

Winning the Eredivisie with Ajax on the last game of the season when the other team was two points ahead IIRC. Also managing England for about eight to nine years beforehand with some good results and high amount of goals being scored and getting to the Semi's of the European championship in 2008.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mines would be winning every single competition with celtic, with honestly a fairly average squad! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mines would be winning every single competition with celtic, with honestly a fairly average squad! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering i was only expected to get to the group stages, and comparing my team with the other teams i played, i'd say my team was very average

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FM_LEGEND:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Big head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering i was only expected to get to the group stages, and comparing my team with the other teams i played, i'd say my team was very average </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, I was only joking icon_razz.gif

I just forgot that smiley icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

My best success in FM08 is probably what I'm doing now with Rynninge - consistently finishing above mid-table, whilst being pretty deep in a financial hole... which is actually another bit to my success, because that hole is slowly being filled in. Very slow success, but it's fun. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the fabled Rynninge eh?

I managed them in FM07, took them to the First Division Elite and won the Swedish Cup, which then resulted in me Qualifying for the Uefa Cup, but, if that wasn't good enough I managed to get them to the Quater Finals before getting knocked out.

The season after that we turned Professional, it was my best save ever.

icon14.gif

On 08 i won spl with hibs in second season which is speacial mainly as i support them but the game i am currently playing is quite special. I am Stranraer and have got them from third to first division 3 seasons though that season i got relegated and promoted after so has taken 5 to establish them in first division. Just won challenge cup so i guess after this season it will be trying to get them to spl and once i do that i reckon that will be my greatest acheivement only if i stay with them that is lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Smudge:

On 08 i won spl with hibs in second season which is speacial mainly as i support them but the game i am currently playing is quite special. I am Stranraer and have got them from third to first division 3 seasons though that season i got relegated and promoted after so has taken 5 to establish them in first division. Just won challenge cup so i guess after this season it will be trying to get them to spl and once i do that i reckon that will be my greatest acheivement only if i stay with them that is lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just don't do what Stevie Paterson did with Caley Thistle, it'll ruin you, not the club! Be a Mark McGhee!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulpaps:

Just don't do what Stevie Paterson did with Caley Thistle, it'll ruin you, not the club! Be a Mark McGhee!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i remember him what happened to him after Aberdeen? I also dislike Mark Mcghee I dont know why lol its just something about his smile my friend made pics to put into FM for the spl managers and his one is a really dodgy picture just makes me hate him lol.

My claim to fame is two and a half seasons unbeaten with Barcelona in the league.

Also my other proud triumph is getting Chorley from Blue Square North, to the championship so far and looking to make a mid table finish in first season, then eyeing up promotion to the prem next season.

Archived