Issue Regarding Installation of FM 2006

Hello,

I have recently gone back to FM 2006, and installed it back onto my computer using my original disc. After using the editor to try and update some of the signings, I decided it was too big a job and had to do a clean re-install to get back to the original FM 2006 database. I did that, but now all of the players in the database have random names e.g I can go into the editor and click on a player who I know is Steven Gerrard, but his name comes up as "Waldorf Schmitz" or something like that (I even tried unticking and ticking the use real player names when I set up a game and that didnn't help either)

Can someone tell me why this has happened, and how I can get back to having real player names please?

Note - this is still the original disc I bought

in 2005 and is not some cracked copy before anyone asks.

Hello,

I have recently gone back to FM 2006, and installed it back onto my computer using my original disc. After using the editor to try and update some of the signings, I decided it was too big a job and had to do a clean re-install to get back to the original FM 2006 database. I did that, but now all of the players in the database have random names e.g I can go into the editor and click on a player who I know is Steven Gerrard, but his name comes up as "Waldorf Schmitz" or something like that (I even tried unticking and ticking the use real player names when I set up a game and that didnn't help either)

Can someone tell me why this has happened, and how I can get back to having real player names please?

Note - this is still the original disc I bought

in 2005 and is not some cracked copy before anyone asks.

Yes - 100% sure.

Its actually when you go into the editor that it shows all the names to be different. When I start a new game and make sure the real names option is ticked, it still brings up different names for all the players.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and I just can't get the database to show proper names icon_frown.gif

when you next uninstall, delete every fm06 folder (program files/my documents etc). i think the edited DBs are saved in a different folder to gamesaves, graphics and other folders.

fm06 gave me loads of problems regarding player histories and antivirus software. i had a great career game which i could never go back to icon_frown.gif

Archived