Training young players

I'm wondering what the best way to train young players (age 18-22) is. I've just got promoted the Premiership with Blackburn and due to very average finances I've had to invest in youth rather than splashing the cash.

I scoured the planet with 13 scouts and have found a a good number of players that they deem to have the potential to become a leading start in the Premiership. Hoewver out of about 7 players I have bought only 2 are good enough to play week in week out. While 2 get the odd appearance from the bench.

Other than the obvious of loaning them out and getting games when they can is there any better way of getting young players to reach their potential? Does Tutoring work that well? Are younger player (not youth) ok on my normal senior training schedueles? Are there any tricks?

Here are my best 3, Eastwood is a Wonderkid and was my only expensive buy at £4m, I've already had offers of £12m for him after 6 months. Domingos is a bit older, other than playing him is there any other way I can ensure he gets alot better?

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/austineastwood.png/

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/johnhallgren.png/

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/nelsondomingos.png/

Any helpful replies appreciatted. Thanks.

There is a set of training schedules including one specifically for youth players, called Tuggs training which is uploaded in the tactics forum. If you haven't already, I'd recommend downloading that and fwiw I think tutoring can be very beneficial for a youngster as long as you get the right combination of tutor and tutee, but it can be detrimental too, so I'd recommend only tutoring a player with another player who has a professional personality.

Thanks for your reply. I do have a youth regime in place but that is more for the 14-18 year olds. I was more concernded about players on the fringe who are within the 18-22 age group. Or do the youth schedules work for played in this age group as well?

Thanks.

Look for two training threads by Catafan and SFraser. Very helpful when it comes to training youngsters.

One of them is stickied while the other is just a normal thread, but both should be read.

You'll find them in the tactics and training section.

Thanks for your reply. I do have a youth regime in place but that is more for the 14-18 year olds. I was more concernded about players on the fringe who are within the 18-22 age group. Or do the youth schedules work for played in this age group as well?

Thanks.

Tuggs youth training is only for players on youth contracts but the Tuggs senior training schedule should be good for your fringe senior players:thup:

Look for two training threads by Catafan and SFraser. Very helpful when it comes to training youngsters.

One of them is stickied while the other is just a normal thread, but both should be read.

You'll find them in the tactics and training section.

Thanks, I will take a look.

Tuggs youth training is only for players on youth contracts but the Tuggs senior training schedule should be good for your fringe senior players:thup:

I thought so after I posted it! Thanks.

Archived