Wonderkids

I seem to have noticed a trend with these people. I've had Balotelli, Camacho, Dzagoev, and Miguel Veloso. I realize Veloso isn't REALLY a wonderkid, but he's still young enough. It started with Camacho and Veloso, and I guess I didn't realize it, since they were playing well enough already.

Anyway, I noticed it with Balotelli to begin with. To be honest; he sucked. For two seasons after I signed him. Then he scored his first goal for Italy (first three actually, it was a hat trick), and all of a sudden he couldn't stop scoring for my team. Same thing with Dzagoev, only to the point where I no longer wanted him, and considered him a certain transfer. Then he scored for Russia, and has been on a five or six game scoring streak. As I realized this, I noticed Camacho and Veloso had seen significant improvements to their ratings since they scored for their respective nations as well.

So, am I just imagining this? Or is there any truth to it at all?

Might be to do with the confidence they have after doing well for their countries?

Yeah could be. Who did they play against for their countries? It could be that there confidence got pretty low at your club and they played inferior opponents at international level so scored and got a confidence boost?

It's not really the same for me (not a wonderkid example), but I signed Daniel Sturridge for 80k, and he was ruuubish for the first 2 seasons. In January of his 3rd season, somehow his valuation had risen to £3.3m (as a 24-year old), and I thought now was the time to cash in. So I offered him to clubs, and Watford wanted him but he couldn't agree terms, and so he stayed with me. I gave him 90 mins in a Uefa Cup match against a team I was supposed to beat easily, and he scored 2 and created 1. His first goal since joining 2 and a half years ago, playing approx. 30 games. Since then, he has been on fire and scoring loads! Strange.

See, I have the total opposite, I signed Jozy Altidore, who scored something like 12 goals in 16 games for me, then the season after, he scored a goal every 5 games so I sold him, and now I have Daniel Aquino, who has averaged nearly a goal every 2 games which ain't too bad :)

Archived